Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: DUKE OF DEVONSHIRE  (Read 193623 times)

Offline R.G.Y.

Re: DUKE OF DEVONSHIRE
« Reply #555 on: July 22, 2012, 08:15:43 PM »
My son has returned the boiler. How he can build thickness with silver solder I don't know, but he has. Will have to try and get it tested again now. Unfortunately my tester has moved away, so I have to find a different one. One who is not obsessed with trains. In the mean time I will have a steam up with the engine out of the model. (some time this week) Geoff
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:37:07 PM by Eddy Matthews »
G.Y.

mogogear

« Reply #556 on: July 24, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »
Onward and pond-ward!!! :)

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #557 on: July 28, 2012, 12:40:21 AM »
There will be no steam up for a wile, had a bit of trouble with the pump.  Mine that is not the steam plant. Had a free ride in an ambulance and 4 days in hospital good job we don't pay in the UK. Diagnosis posterial artery (to brain)completely blocked Fortunately for me the right front has taken up the job. Unfortunately for me this had also blocked 95%. Two stents fitted to front so feeling a lot better. The down side the boss has band me from the workshop for a few weeks. So it looks I will never get to the PADDLER DAY. Geoff Well not this Year again.
G.Y.

Harold H. Duncan

« Reply #558 on: July 28, 2012, 06:12:18 AM »
Geoff,
Take care of your health first, there is always next year if you do.
Mend yourself quickly, then back into the build.
Take care
kiwi

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Paddleducks Supporter
  • Wollongong - Australia
« Reply #559 on: July 28, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »
Hullo PD's......RGY......appears some will do anything for a free ride in an AMBO  :tongue1

We all will miss your temporary workshop activities  :crash :hammer  :a102......

As Kiwi says....health & family first..... so OK, as the BOSS has said no workshop...but that dosn't include your PC  :breakcomp

Get better soon...... :08

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Offline old man

« Reply #560 on: July 28, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »
Hi Geoff,  Just do what the BOSS says . We will miss your poste but we would miss you even more.

old man

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #561 on: July 29, 2012, 02:09:06 AM »
Thank you my friends for your best wishes. :08  I was disappointed wanted a ride in the air ambulance.  :darn Never mind feeling a hell of a lot better already.  After having one artery useless and another only working 5%, when I have rested  :vacation I think I'll be jumping over the moon. Have temporary withdrawn from captain of the bowling club,( will be drinking less) :beer  so will have more time in the workshop. When I fined the key,  :thinking where has she hidden it. When the grand kids come over we will have a game of fined the key. Geoff
G.Y.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #562 on: July 29, 2012, 02:13:23 AM »
Sorry to hear you haven't been too well Geoff  :16

Hopefully your on the mend now though.... All my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline djcf

« Reply #563 on: July 29, 2012, 02:37:15 AM »
Get well soon, Geoff.

regards
Clark

Offline Mike

• Silver Subscriber
« Reply #564 on: July 30, 2012, 05:47:50 AM »
Hi Geoff. Sorry to hear about your health. Hope you are getting better now.

Prentice.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #565 on: July 31, 2012, 12:13:51 AM »
Thank you all.  I feel a hell of a lot better  :yeahbaby now than I have all this year. Just have to rest  :vacation for a few weeks. It has been much worse for  :kiss1 :kiss1 my wife, so she is making sure I do. :nono So I have nothing to report from the workshop. :hammer :hammer :hammer :hammer But I shall return.  Geoff
G.Y.

mogogear

« Reply #566 on: July 31, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »
Just read and caught up Geoff...Prayers for a solid and full recovery!!

Sorry to hear about the not so free ride in the ambo- nothing will stop this paddler !

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #567 on: August 12, 2012, 08:38:11 PM »
I have had a look around the workshop  :o ( when the boss was out). The jobs are mounting up I'm afraid, bits to mend for the house, bits to make for motorcycles.  As for the model I had a good look  ::) at the boiler?? I don't think I can present it at the model engineering club. What with the repair, the dent and the slight twist ( the latter two due to me :oops dropping it ). I have said before the club is very much railway orientated, so I must not let the boating fraternity down. I have tested it myself that will have to do, so only be operating in private.  This is no great loss as it has only cost me time and gas.  However I have ordered new copper and will have another go using the experience gained with the first. :hammer I have another year before paddler day 2013 if I ever make it. GEOFF
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:41:17 PM by R.G.Y. »
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #568 on: August 29, 2012, 11:43:34 PM »
Something to report at last. :sunglasses :sunglasses Lagged the boiler and made the casing. The lagging made from a soldering mat & the casing from a road sign. (NOT :nono STOLEN) Geoff
G.Y.

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2012, 05:33:41 AM »
Good to see you back in the workshop Geoff,  looks like a good boiler you have there.   ho do you obtain a road sign legally?  :whistle
Ian
Sane? who knows? who cares?