Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: DUKE OF DEVONSHIRE  (Read 193601 times)

mogogear

Re: DUKE OF DEVONSHIRE
« Reply #540 on: July 06, 2012, 02:07:43 PM »
Well done Geoff--I like the etched lines very much!!!

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #541 on: July 08, 2012, 08:21:39 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDDY :birth  Greg the etched lines are not my doing, they were on the drill case. Fitted the separator and steam pipe. But the boiler is still not back together, as before I need more heat. So will have to wait for my son or buy a big burner. Geoff
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #542 on: July 10, 2012, 02:30:35 AM »
Had to tidy up the hand pump feed and the blow down pipe work. Made some 90 degree bends from 1/2 inch sq bar. Turn a spigot on the end and thread, drill a hole in the side thread, then cut off.  Need  as much space as I can get to see the water gauge and get to the blow down valve.  I also like the ball in the clack to seat by gravity, So that it seals before pressure builds in the boiler.
A photo of my pipe come wire bender, its older than me. I also use for tighter bends a hole in a piece of wood the size of the pipe with a slope to one side. As in the last photo, this works very well but the pipe must be annealed. 
The boiler fixing brackets can be seen in the photos.  The sight glass removed so I don't brake it so the fitting aren't in line. Geoff
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:37:21 AM by R.G.Y. »
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #543 on: July 11, 2012, 08:08:17 PM »
My method for operating the feathering on the paddles. Just a modified self taping screw through the sponson side.  The mark to the right of the screw in the sponson marks the center of the shaft. Note the notches out off the floats as on the original Duke. Well I know someone  :gathering is looking even if they have nothing to say. Geoff
G.Y.

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Paddleducks Supporter
  • Wollongong - Australia
« Reply #544 on: July 11, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »
Hi PD's........ :whistle...& RGY says........."well I know someone  is looking even if they have nothing to say"

:tongue1 ...don't be broken hearted RGY  :clap ...we are watching each evening from afar...............

Have you read the number of views your build thread has?..........

20,986 views & 544 response messages.......you should be pretty proud................Derek  :beer

PS ...even though your photography is ...say 4/10 ....:41
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:24:46 PM by derekwarner_decoy »
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Offline steamboatmodel

« Reply #545 on: July 11, 2012, 11:40:14 PM »
Hi Geoff,
We are out here looking, just don't want to clutter up your thread.
Regards,
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #546 on: July 12, 2012, 07:06:56 PM »
A poor workman always blames his tools. So I am blaming the cheap video come stills camera. It is nice to have a response what ever is said. I must improve my snaps.  :weight Geoff
G.Y.

Offline mjt60a

« Reply #547 on: July 15, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »
I never thought of mounting the feathering centre that way!
Posted by Mick.
(.....gonna need a bigger boat.....)

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #548 on: July 15, 2012, 07:24:13 PM »
Thanks Mick, I remember seeing your method, an excellent solution, :hammer but much to difficult for me. 
What gave my the idea :thinking was I saw in a photo of an old paddler a plate bolted to the paddle box, which carried the pivot, on the inside. 
I am afraid to post any more photos, as I thought Derek was far to generous with his score of 4 out of 10. Geoff
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:01:06 PM by R.G.Y. »
G.Y.

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Paddleducks Supporter
  • Wollongong - Australia
« Reply #549 on: July 15, 2012, 09:42:49 PM »
No PD's..... :a102....we love your blurrrrrry images RGY..... :kiss1....BTW......the kiss was not for you but the images....... :beer

Keep them coming..........:c017..........Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

mogogear

« Reply #550 on: July 17, 2012, 02:51:04 AM »
Just catching up -- had a few days off on holiday--The spectator stands are always full for you and the boat Geoff.. :bravo :clap

we will see you through..As summer has finally arrived here in earnest - I have been out paddling as much as I can ...Oh how I love the smell of steam oil in the air :yeahbaby

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #551 on: July 17, 2012, 06:36:35 AM »
Greg, It may be summer in Oregon, :vacation but its still winter here weather wise that is. Rain rain rain will it never end? :41 Not any thing to report but I have a photo I am hoping to get 6 out of 10 for. It shows a gas control valve and servo, I intend to fit this when the rest is sorted.  :hammer :hammer Geoff
G.Y.

Offline the bombus

• all boats float but not all boats paddle
« Reply #552 on: July 17, 2012, 07:03:36 AM »
7/10 ;)
Greetings from The Bombus
if i haven't done it i'll try it
and maybe it will work

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #553 on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:51 AM »
Another dodgy photo.  :sorry This is the connection for the navigation lights and the searchlight on the removable superstructure. Salvaged  :crash from a speaker box, just press the button and insert the soldered end of the wire.   Situated under the forward stair, the steps are removable as I intended having the gas tank there, and wished to access the tap.  :squareone New plans for this in the last post. The battery wire not shown.  Geoff
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:16:34 AM by R.G.Y. »
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #554 on: July 20, 2012, 10:58:45 PM »
Fixed a shelve to keep the receiver out of the way of any moisture. Will also rap it in cling film. Geoff
G.Y.