Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: DUKE OF DEVONSHIRE  (Read 193496 times)

Offline R.G.Y.

Re: DUKE OF DEVONSHIRE
« Reply #450 on: February 23, 2012, 04:24:06 AM »
Don't worry Greg,, Derek fooled me once. Finished the fire tubes, cross tubes flared so they cant move, 4 through the joints in the elbows pin them. Bushes all turned and drilled. The large one is also the cap for the steam drum.Geoff 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:25:44 AM by R.G.Y. »
G.Y.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #451 on: February 23, 2012, 04:31:20 AM »
I'll say one thing Geoff, once you make a start, you don't hang around!

It will be interesting to see how the new setup performs compared to the old one....

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #452 on: February 23, 2012, 04:40:13 AM »
Nice to hear from you Eddy. Will be delayed now only half a bottle of gas left. None available from my supplier until 11th of March. Cant risk running out half way through.
 I have just searched the net for this gas, and have found there could be a fault with the canisters. NO NAMES. Apparently there have been some accidents and litigation pending!! Hence the lack of stock at a national supplier.  Geoff
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:59:06 AM by R.G.Y. »
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #453 on: February 24, 2012, 03:10:10 AM »
I could be a lot quicker if I could play all day but with a dodge ticker I only manage half a day. Placed the boiler together, If my son has a spare afternoon he will bring his works oxy-gas set and solder it up for me. :08 In the mean time I will start the burner experiment. Have read the jet should be 2.25"to 2.33" from the burner face. Using a number 3 jet in 22mm fire tube. I am starting with a number 8 jet feeding two 22mm.
I will but a gas torch in under the old boiler and use it to test an new engines, so not wasted. I can use the hand pump to keep the water level up.Geoff
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #454 on: March 03, 2012, 04:17:53 AM »
I have heard that all MAPP gas canisters have been recalled for modifications, as there have been some catastrophic failures to the necks of said canisters. No wonder I can't get any. :41
 I still have some left, but not enough to start soldering the boiler. :16
 After some experiments I have completed one burner, which is performing well.  The dark spot in the centre of second photo is the fine gaze which goes in the end.
 The failures in the last photo.  Geoff
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:21:22 AM by R.G.Y. »
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #455 on: March 04, 2012, 07:49:14 PM »
I should explain the the single jet double burner failed because I couldn't keep the flame inside the fire tube. Ether burnt at the funnel or came out the air inlet holes.  22mm burner won't go into a 22mm flue. Geoff
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #456 on: March 11, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »
Still waiting for GAS :picknose :picknose But have not been idle, :vacation Made the water gauge and blow down valve. made from square because I have plenty, dont use much. Also :hijack :offtopic building another rocking motorbike for the second grandson, you have to treat them all the same .Geoff
G.Y.

mogogear

« Reply #457 on: March 12, 2012, 02:54:27 AM »
What a great hijack!! :clap

Good for him and you!

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #458 on: March 13, 2012, 01:52:03 AM »
MO (greg). Do you mean I have hijacked my own thread :sorry. Or as I suspect :thinking its what you call an off road bike in the USA. Learn something every day.
I have been to Portland a lot in the past as I have a sister & brother in-law living in Vancouver. Can't visit now as the medical insurance cost to much for my condition. The GAS should be hear tomorrow, but I have a holiday   :vacation in Cornwall, there is always somthing geting in the way. :darn Geoff
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:57:52 AM by R.G.Y. »
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #459 on: April 01, 2012, 07:15:39 AM »
Back from the holiday :vacation. Got the gas, got the oxy gas but having both hands full can't hold the solder. :41 Tried to place pieces on the job but all ran the wrong way.  My step son is working nights this week, so I will wait for the expert. Geoff
G.Y.

mogogear

« Reply #460 on: April 01, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »
Glad to hear you are back --Ahhh Holiday time sounds so good...None on this end for a while... :-X dag- nabit :sobbing

18 + thousand views / 460 posts!!  on this thread Geoff- - your setting a record I think soon :beer

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #461 on: April 01, 2012, 09:25:29 PM »
Not quite a record. Princess Elisabeth build has more views. So avoid going on that one. :08 HA HA
Have to take holiday now as the outdoor bowling season starts 21st and as captain will be busy all summer. Geoff
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #462 on: April 10, 2012, 02:54:43 AM »
Then there where two. Orders for more.  :41 :c002 Geoff
G.Y.

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #463 on: April 19, 2012, 11:33:20 PM »
Started soldering up the boiler today. Fire tubes fixed and one end plate in each boiler. pickling in citric acid for 12 hours now.
Have been working on traction engine as well. Geoff
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:36:14 PM by R.G.Y. »
G.Y.

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #464 on: April 20, 2012, 12:02:31 AM »
Geoff is that a minnie?
Ian
Sane? who knows? who cares?