Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Myrtle Corey stern wheeler.  (Read 3543 times)

tomassthom

Myrtle Corey stern wheeler.
« on: November 15, 2009, 04:47:47 PM »
Aloha. This is my 2nd build. I am having trouble getting the push/pull linkage right. The brass rods seem to be too thin between the motor and the paddle wheel. Anyone have any ideas how to bef it up? I am looking at maybe a pulley system. Anyone know where I can get 1'' OD pulleys 2 with 3 1/6 ' hole and 2 with 1/4 inch holes. Also would need 2 1/8 ID x 8" belts.
My Myrtle is still in dry dock. Mahalo :P
THOM

Offline Red_Hamish

• aka Jim
Re: Myrtle Corey stern wheeler.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »
Hello Thom, welcome along to the wonderful world of paddlers. There will I'm sure be some sugeggestions to your quandry. Modelling on in small scales can be a real pain when youtry to get everything absolutley to scale. Sometimes the need to exceed scale is the only way to go.
www.hpcgears.com may be of some use.

cheers

Jim
Enjoy life and the world of Radio Control Model Boating at  www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk There is also www.shetland.org for live webcams to see the good life.

Offline Bierjunge

Re: Myrtle Corey stern wheeler.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 06:34:58 AM »
I am having trouble getting the push/pull linkage right. The brass rods seem to be too thin between the motor and the paddle wheel.

Hi Thom, it is difficult to give advice without knowing how your drive mechanism looks like. Could you maybe post a picture of it, or tell which kind of transmission it is? There are a couple of possible pitman drive arrangements sketched on http://www.paddleducks.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=2838. Which is yours? In some cases, the design of the transmission could add to the flexing you observe...

Regards, Moritz