Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Duchess of Fife  (Read 429 times)

Offline Alasdair Allan

Duchess of Fife
« on: July 10, 2020, 02:52:22 AM »
Hi there - have just joined forum! I suspect it will be a while before I get round to doing any of this, but I have just purchased a 4ft (engineless) working model of PS Duchess of Fife (no name on her but fairly sure that this is the vessel). Although it will be a while before I ever get to the stage of putting an a motor, I am keen to get her looking as authentic as possible (at moment model looks v accurate but painted wrong colours). Since she has her third "post titanic" lifeboat, she is in 1912- 1939 condition. As I am not going to attempt some of the complicated colour schemes in early part of that period, could anyone give me a definitive run down please for caley steamers' colour scheme in (say) 1925-39? My best info is something like: Underside red lead; black hull with thick white line at waterline and two gold lines on the top; white saloons with brown window frames. white paddle boxes; yellow (shade?) funnel with black top; white (or silver?) railings, white (or silver?) deck vents; wooden deckhouses. Many thanks if someone can reassure me or put me right please! Alasdair