Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Another newbie dropping in.  (Read 172 times)

Offline Sabre

Another newbie dropping in.
« on: February 25, 2020, 09:07:06 PM »
At the weekend I dragged out a plan that I acquired years ago and started copying the hull lines whilst I wait the arrival of the wood.   What else but a Waverley and at 54" it's a fair sized old beast but looks simple enough.   Much as I would like to power it by steam the extremely generous uk pension says no so it's going to be some form of cheapo electric motor and drive.   
Back in the younger days there was plenty of models whether boat or plane almost always powered by lovely noisy ic engines of various sizes from a humble DC Bantam up to an OPS60 so this is going to be a little different.   The old Sanwa rc gear is still in the garage but whether it will work or not is another story.

No doubt I will be dropping in with a question or two once the build starts.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 09:30:37 AM by Sabre »

Offline lcr1000

Re: Another newbie dropping in.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 05:10:16 AM »
I started rebuilding  my Waverley after sitting  25 years partly finished  its 54 inches long also   , if same plans (4 Lifeboats ) check plans as the plan and elevations are differ ent , I cant get photos up on this site but you can view it on  my facebook page, John Nicol  ,  if you need any info  just ask , Cheers

Offline Sabre

Re: Another newbie dropping in.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 09:29:33 AM »
Yep, four lifeboats, plans are by Alex Thomson and I have noticed that the angle of the deck is different front and rear sections.       I don't do fb or twitter so it's no see.