Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Snowdon PS  (Read 82 times)

Offline NWCWW

Snowdon PS
« on: September 26, 2019, 05:43:21 AM »
Hello All,

I am looking into a long term project to build a live steam paddle boat based on the PS Snowdon.

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/LNWSS1.html#anchor216839.

I have contacted the Wirral Archives who hold the records of Cammell Laird (the builder). This has been partially successful in that they have a G.A of the vessels engines. Builders plans are not available unfortunately (Unless anyone here knows differently).

I am new to boats but not steam. I'm interested in construction techniques and build logs. The build of the Waverley I am finding particularly interesting which is elseware on the forum.

I am looking to initially have a go at Computer modelling the Snowdon (or a close approximation) based on photographs and this G.A. Past that if I get enthused enough to start I have a fairly large laser cutter which I think will be a great help.

So recommended build articles please and obviously if anyone has a set builders plans lying around i would love a copy ;)

Kind Regards

Dan