Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Hello from Southern Ontario, Canada  (Read 818 times)

Offline Sir G

Hello from Southern Ontario, Canada
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:15:05 AM »
My name is Mike Gallant and I am an 'old codger' model boat builder from Canada. I have been building models for about 30 years from plastic kits thru wooden kits. I built one boat from scratch and it was something I saw during the Queens Jubilee on the Thames. I fell in love with the QRB Gloriana and got a copy of the original construction plans from Lord Sterling. I completed it in 2014 and am hoping it will eventually go to the Gloriana Trust. I have attached a couple of shots of her.
My most recent builds were:
Trumpeter 1/200 scale 'Arizona'
Trumpeter 1/200 scale 'Bismark'
Mantua 1/75 scale 'San Felipe'
Mantua 1/78 scale Bow & Section 'HMS Victory'
Artesania Latina 1/60 scale 'HMS Endeavour'
I have also completed a couple of military dioramas.

i am a member of the Kawartha Marine Modellers who meet in Lindsay, Ontario

My next project is an old mouse-eaten Billing kit of the paddle wheeler 'Hjejlen'. I have checked out the parts and they appear to be mostly all there. There is one large plan and a one page build description. I have seen some pictures referring to an 18 page multi-language instruction book. Do any of you have a copy that I can access?
I look forward to hearing from any of you and if I can be of any assistance, please let me know.
Mike Gallant

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Southern Ontario, Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:11:09 AM »
Welcome to our group Mike, any questions just ask lots of friendly folk to help if needed.

Damien.

Offline Spankbucket

• Emigre from South London
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 04:42:07 PM »
Congratulations on your lovely model Mike.....I'll be interested to see how you progress with the Billing kit.

Offline Sir G

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 07:48:36 AM »
Thanks spankbucket,
I'll be able to start on the Hjejlen as soon I get the additional instruction documents.

Offline steamboatmodel

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 10:38:45 AM »
Hi Mike,
It may take me awhile, but I think I have a copy of the Billings 'Hjejlen' kit instructions.
 Are you planning on making it RC or static?

Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Offline Sir G

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 11:31:10 AM »
Hello Gerald, great news. I am in the middle of finishing an old Spanish galleon by Billing boats and will then start on the Hjejlen. Even though The big plan is relatively complete the extra pages will help. I am actually a static model builder but will check with other guys from my club (Kawartha Marine Modellers) to get their input. I really look forward to getting whatever you have, a scanned doc or something in the mail.
Thanks Mike Gallant