Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: MRB  (Read 1365 times)

Offline oapanglais

MRB
« on: June 15, 2015, 02:57:18 AM »
Hello

I haven't posted here for a while. I have finished and locally exhibited a model of Billings Norske Löve which I started 30 years ago. I am now back working on my Glen Rosa (1893).
I am retired living in France and I subscribe to Modèle Réduit de Bateau to help with my French. The June 2015 issue No 619 has 7 articles on paddle steamers.

1  A 3 page general article (13 photos) about American and European ships.

2  Reader's 1/19 model of "France" 1909-71 based on Lake Annecy, length 2.47m, width 0.63m, 33kg, live steam powered. Very impressive.

3  A 1/20 Mississippi stern wheeler "King of River" 1.20m X 0.36m, 18kg. Model had been started by a clock maker who died and was given to a father and son who finished it with live steam power and RC.

4   A 1/87 43.7cm static model of "L'Adjamé", an Ivory Coast sternwheel river steamer. Has a reproduction of the original plan used.

5   A 1/50 Mississippi sternwheeler based on the Sergal kit 1.1m X 240mm and again live steam powered.

6   Another 1/48 Mississippi sternwheeler freighter "Istrouma" electric powered 95cm long. The paddle wheel is fully enclosed. A free plan is included.

7   "Urban", a Danube pusher tug 1.2m X 28cm 13kg (scale not given) live steam powered.

The March 2015 issue No 616 had an article and free plan of "Velvet Lily" 1912/38. 1/48 1.14m long electric powered sternwheeler.

The text is all in French but there are lots of photos. The price is 6.20€ per issue.

I will get around to posting some photos of my models eventually.

Brian

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
Re: MRB
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:51:52 AM »
 :great  Very much looking forward to the pictures Brian.

Damien.