Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Another new (old) member  (Read 1589 times)

duffo

Another new (old) member
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:27:43 AM »
Hello, my name is Gerry Duffett and I live in Hythe, Hants. I have been building RC model boats for over 30 years, have turned to the dark and smelly side and most of my models are live steamers now. First paddler was a Director class tug with electric drive and hand fretted feathering paddles in brass and teak. Have since built a generic 1800s tug with a German steam paddle engine and the Graupner Glasgow paddles, engine needs a little running in. Earlier this year bought a double diagonal paddle engine from Fratton Model shop, have rebuilt it and want to fit it in a scratch built 1/48 model of the Red Funnel Lord Elgin in her cargo mode. Have some postcards, etc, but could do with some plans, body lines to make it less of a guesstimate. All help gratefully received and all costs willingly paid. I also run the local branch of the Moto Guzzi Owners Motorcycle club, just not enough hours in the day.
Cheers, Gerry.

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Paddleducks Supporter
  • Wollongong - Australia
Re: Another new (old) member
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:14:22 AM »
Hi PD's ....& welcome Gerry.... :whistle ....I am sure a few members would like to see  :kewlpics ....of this

double diagonal paddle engine from Fratton Model shop

:beer .....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Offline neil howard-pritchard

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 07:19:58 AM »
i'd like to see your Guzzi.......is it an old classic or the modern machines that they now produce.......always fancied a le mans but the saddle hieght was too low, so stuck with a beemer rs 100.
neil.

duffo

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 09:28:50 PM »
To answer both questions, will try to get some pics on via photobucket and the Guzzi is an 05 Breva 1100 but have owned more than a dozen, including singles, in the last 30 years.
Cheers, Gerry.