Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Scrapheap Challenge - UK TV show*  (Read 2572 times)

Offline mjt60a

Scrapheap Challenge - UK TV show*
« on: April 04, 2010, 12:28:01 AM »
There's a repeat of scrapheap challenge early tomorrow morning (4th april) at 04.15 to 05.10 on channel 4 that may be of interest if it's the one I think it is, where one team builds a sort of paddle tug out of a tractor and a couple of rusty 'skips'....
....anyone interested in building a full size paddler should watch or record this - if only to see how not to do it  ;D

*not to be confused with Junkyard Wars, the US version - their two teams in this particular challenge built a sidewheeler and a sternwheeler - both worked really well!
Posted by Mick.
(.....gonna need a bigger boat.....)

Offline steamboatmodel

Re: Scrapheap Challenge - UK TV show*
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:40:21 AM »
Unfortunately we can't get it over here. I did enjoy the original scrapheap challenge more than Junkyard Wars, but now alas I can't view ether.
Regards,
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Offline mjt60a

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 07:09:12 PM »
I recorded it and have just watched the first ten minutes, this is not the show I thought but one I haven't seen before, the US team is in it plus a UK team of steam enthusiasts and the challenge is a paddleboat race, I look forward to watching the whole show later! (looks like the steam enthusiasts actually have a diagonal steam engine for their boat)
By the way, you can see it online here - http://www.channel4.com/programmes/scrapheap-challenge/episode-guide/series-9/episode-13
Posted by Mick.

Offline steamboatmodel

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 12:31:21 AM »
I have tried that, I get "this service is not available in your area" message.
Regards,
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Offline mjt60a

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 10:05:58 AM »
oh, that's a shame, it works for me, I get this image (showing in this case a scene from the show!) which you click on to see the program - there again, some of the youtube videos say that when I try to watch them
Posted by Mick.

Offline Red_Hamish

• aka Jim
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 07:19:17 PM »
Hello all, the broadcastrers have really cracked down on the visibility of their programmes within their national boundaries over the past few years. That said there are other statesout there who attempt to put out their own agenda of programmes whether we want to or not. It is  a pity thta the international boundaries are there to stop the interesting programming from beingf viewed wherever you are.
cheers

Jim
Enjoy life and the world of Radio Control Model Boating at  www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk There is also www.shetland.org for live webcams to see the good life.

Offline steamboatmodel

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 07:19:11 AM »
I sent them an equerry and received this reply:
"Hi,
4oD is restricted to viewing within the UK. You will not be
able to view any programmes if you are in Toronto.
Thank you and regards
Thank you for contacting Channel 4.
Regards
The Channel4.com Team"
Regards,
Gerald.

Offline twodogs

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 06:12:05 PM »
The restricted viewing is called "geo blocking". Search for it on google and I think  you will find ways round it.