Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Found a couple of old books  (Read 2276 times)

Offline steamboatmodel

Found a couple of old books
« on: May 02, 2008, 03:22:39 AM »
Hi PDs,
I just found a couple of interesting old books. Yesterday I found a book titled
B.R. 77 Machinery Handbook
This handbook (1941 copy) supersedes the Stokers Manual and is to be issued free of charge to each direct entry engine-room artificer, engine-room artificer apprentice and stoker on Joining.
This Book is 226 pages and covers a lot about boilers and engines.

Today's find is
The Deck and Boat Book United States Navy 1914 with corrections to 1918.
This one is about mostly signals, but does have general information about boats and equipment. Its 185 pages long.
Regards,
Gerald
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Offline Red_Hamish

• aka Jim
Re: Found a couple of old books
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 05:54:36 AM »
Hello all, a good pair of finds there Grerald well done. Most of you will be aware of the usual sources of books in print but the out of print ones can be hard to track down. You could alway try www.abebooks.co.uk and www.abebooks.com for those elusive ones. My only comment about them is don't be frightened to call the sellers directly, they often do a better deal especially on a few books at once.

cheers

Jim
Enjoy life and the world of Radio Control Model Boating at  www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk There is also www.shetland.org for live webcams to see the good life.

cassandra_31

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:25:50 AM »
It sounds very interesting to read.Actually i'm also looking for some books since yesterday but i just found few cookbooks.I just gave it to my mother for the additional recipes.

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Wollongong - Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 01:47:39 PM »
Hi PD's....& welcome cassandra_31

Please do not think for one moment  :nono that this is a sexest comment as PD's is a very well moderated group & not a naughty word or expression is permitted  :whistle

Now to the difficult or delicate point....with the name cassandra_31...and you talk aout cleaning & cooking ...I assume rightly or wrongly you are of the femine gender

I hope I am correct....about bloody time we had a  :respect woman post articles here......so welcome on board  :beer & am sure we all look forward to your continued postings on your favoutite marine model......

Cooking tips would sort of be OK [in an off topic folder] .....but go easy on the cleaning bit....certainly not one of my better attributes :sorry ....Derek   :towel
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:16:53 PM by derekwarner_decoy »
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au