Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Model Boats  (Read 2317 times)

crash93

Model Boats
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:10:08 PM »
Model Boats Magazine  are starting a in depth build of a Glen Rosa paddle boat part one of five will be in septembers magazine its by a John Gray

Peter

Buccaneer

Model Boats
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 06:43:17 AM »
Hopefully the interesting bits - Paddles, Drive Train, Motor - will come in time to drop a few hints to father Christmas!

John

Offline Walter Snowdon

Model boats paddler article.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 04:40:20 PM »
Just to clarify this a little in case members rush out and buy Septembers issue!. It is actualy in the OCTOBER issue which - youve guessed it - comes out in SEPTEMBER, so dont ask for the September issue, its not in it! For those interested, the currently available (September ) issue has very little of interest for paddle steamer fans.  Regards, Walter.

Offline Walter Snowdon

Model Boats magazine article- PS GLEN ROSA
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 09:13:21 PM »
just got my October issue of MODEL BOATS  and WOW! In 2000 John Grey published a long article series in MODEL BOATS on building a model of the TALISMAN which to my mind was the best series ever on model paddler building. Looking at part one of this new series it looks as though it will surpass his previous best. Starting at the front cover there is a superb near full page photo of the model on the water followed by EIGHT pages of well illustrated article. If this is part one, roll on the rest!. Incidentaly the fibreglass hull for the model is available from METCALF MOULDINGS. This series is a must have. Sorry about all the superlatives but it isnt very often we get a series as infirmative as this. If John Grey (or any of his mates) reads this site, a very big thank you.  Regards to all, Walter.

Offline mjt60a

Model Boats
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 05:16:02 AM »
I just got this issue, it's excellent :)
Incidentally, I just noticed in this mag that the 'MAP Plans' are available again, on http://www.myhobbystore.com/
Posted by Mick.
(.....gonna need a bigger boat.....)