Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Miniature paddler  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Miniature paddler
« on: October 01, 2005, 03:17:09 AM »
Here's an article from the German "Modell Werft" magazine courteousy of Hans Juergen Freund (scotfriend). Has anyone built a working model smaller than this??
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline Sean Bryan

Miniature paddler
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 12:24:31 PM »
I'm going to get my Mum and grand parents to translate that article and then make it myself! Hooray!
Theatre Producer, World Traveler, Paddle Steamer Enthusiast

www.seanbryan.com

Offline mjt60a

Miniature paddler
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 01:59:06 AM »
The motors used look like the type fitted in those tiny R/C submarines you can use in a goldfish bowl... (they're always on ebay)
Posted by Mick.
(.....gonna need a bigger boat.....)

Offline scotfriend

Miniature paddler
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 02:40:28 AM »
Thanks Eddy,

I'ts great to see this here at the forum, best regards Hans
When i read about the evils of drinking, I decide to give up reading

towboatjoe

Miniature paddler
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 03:09:35 AM »
I remember a r/c model of Thomas Edison's Fulton back at the 1992 St. Louis show that was so small it would lay in the palm of your hand. I don't remember who built it. I'd have to ask one of the Admirals club members to see if they remember. I was thinking it was around 3/4" x 4 1/2". It kinda reminded me of a popcicle stick with a cabin and wheel.

Brian

Miniature paddler
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 05:41:20 AM »
It looks a cute little model paddler.

Is it possible to get the full article translated into English? Or would the publishers of "ModellWerft" be able/willing to provide an English version?

Could the article even be republished in "Marine Modelling International"or "Model Boats",

No doubt out there there are many Paddleduck Readers who would be interested - if only we could read the article.

Pete B.

RE: Minature Paddler
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 02:54:23 AM »
Has anyone been able to get an English translation for the article on "Goliath"? I'd be interested for a pop-pop version.

THX,

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Re: RE: Minature Paddler
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 02:59:03 AM »
Quote from: "Pete B."
Has anyone been able to get an English translation for the article on "Goliath"? I'd be interested for a pop-pop version.

THX,

I'm sure Hans (scotfriend) or one of our other German users will be able to help Pete.... Give it a few days and see what comes up.
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Bill Hudson

Miniature paddler
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 03:24:00 AM »
several years ago I bought a tiny radio controlled car at a fair. The car was less than a couple of inches long. It had forward and revers and steering. Also on and off. the unit could be be recharged using a 9v battery. It is stored away some where after my move but i got it with the intent of making a tiny  rc stern wheeler.  Just never got it done. I haven't seen them lately so don't know if they are still available.

Bill

Offline mjt60a

Miniature paddler
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 04:11:22 AM »
like this...... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-MINIATURE-SHEN-QI-WEI-RC-CAR-GREAT-VALUE-FUN_W0QQitemZ290100295544QQcategoryZ2565QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I bought two of those, also with the idea the components could be used in a tiny boat but haven't quite figured how to connect the rudder. With the sub you have two motors so could use independent wheel control for steering...... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mini-radio-controlled-u-boat_W0QQitemZ180103348917QQcategoryZ147169QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted by Mick.
(.....gonna need a bigger boat.....)

Andres

Miniature paddler
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 07:12:17 PM »
Btw, this cute little paddler is not radio controlled, but infrared controlled.