Forum > Paddlewheels/Drive Systems

Drive set up for Lucy Ashton

(1/2) > >>

waverleyjamesieboy:
Hi paddleducks, not been on for a long time due to other commitments. But I have managed to get back to model boats  :). Recently I acquired a model of the Lucy Ashton, I am giving it a thorough renovation. My Waverley is on hold at the moment while I rebuild this model (not that I have had much chance to work on it for a while  :(). Now to get towards the point  ;D there was not much of the electrics left in it. What was in it was a small motor which didn't work any longer, attached to it a small planetary style gearbox. On the end of the box was a small cog, driving a larger one attached to the paddle shaft via a chain. There was nothing on the motor so no idea what size it was, but was the smallest motor I've seen. What I would like to know (at last everyone says lol  :D), I have got a MFA torpedo motor 500. Can anyone help as to how to use this to power the model, for tech details all I can say at moment it is appox 4' long by 14" wide. Sorry for long post but hope someone can help.

R.G.Y.:
Could you post photos it may help someone understand your problem better. A picture is worth a thousand words.

waverleyjamesieboy:
Thanks R.G.Y will do my best to get a couple of pics up, just ones i have are too big need to down size them. Not great at that bit lol, but will see what I can do.

DamienG:
I use photopad by NCH software for photo processing. Size / rotation / enhancement etc.

waverleyjamesieboy:
Cheers DamienG, will check it out thanks  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version