Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Firecrest  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Hankwilliams

Re: Firecrest
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 10:59:33 PM »
It`s rather similar, F. F. has a lenght of 505 cm, beam of hull is 101 cm and beam over paddleboxes 145 cm. But the deplacement of the empty boat is very low - only 130 kg. The cabin of Firecrest is a very succesful solution and also the whole optical impression of the boat is nice.

Thomas

Offline Firecrest

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 12:01:16 AM »
I have no idea on the displacement of Firecrest but she must be fairly similar.  The cabin is very nice but does cause a problem in windy weather. With such a lightweight boat, the high sides of the cabin did catch the wind yesterday and cause us some issues.  The engine is rated by the builder as a 1/2hp compound diagonal paddle engine, similar in layout to Maid of the Loch in Scotland.

I will post up a couple of videos if that's possible and if I can work out how to.

Offline John S

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 02:41:23 AM »
For those with a few spare pennies (well rather a lot really) monarch is up for sale by Preston Steam Services. Even if I won the Lottery I woluld sdadly not be buying as at 14 feet wide over sponsons I doubt if she would pass through the locks on the River Nene near Peterborough (UK).John.

Offline Hankwilliams

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 06:32:06 PM »
In this coincidence: Probably the smallest paddlesteamer of the world, build by Heiko Schmalz in Saxon. This very interesting boat is a converted GDR faltboat. Heiko is a very skilled engineer.
The vertical boiler is coal fired.

Thomas