Forum > Sailing craft

Junkit

<< < (2/3) > >>

kiwimodeller:
I have somewhere some "Model Ships and Powerboats" mags from the late 1940's and early 50's which have a series of articles about building a "Crooked Stern Junk".  Cannot remember much about it except that I was always fascinated by the fact that they would want to build a bent boat! I will look the articles out if anyone is interested. Cheers, Ian.

Broder Incertus:

--- Quote from: "Eddy Matthews" ---Hi Torbjörn

I don't know of any kits, but here's some plans for a Chinese Junk, and some others for an Arab Dhow....
--- End quote ---

Ooops! Absentminded, I think; blind I must be: missed this. Thanks! Looks interesting.

/Torbjörn

Broder Incertus:

--- Quote from: "kiwimodeller" ---I have somewhere some "Model Ships and Powerboats" mags from the late 1940's and early 50's which have a series of articles about building a "Crooked Stern Junk".  Cannot remember much about it except that I was always fascinated by the fact that they would want to build a bent boat! I will look the articles out if anyone is interested. Cheers, Ian.
--- End quote ---

I remember seeing some reference to those articles, but of course I couldn't find the mags. Always interested.

/Torbjörn

Walter Snowdon:
About 6 years ago a British magazine called RADIO CONTROL MODEL BOATS now defunct) did a free plan and article on building a small but nice two masted junk for R/C. I particularly liked the sail trimming method which rotated both masts from one standard servo- very easy to fit and very accurate sail trimming. When I get to our club  I am detain we have  a copy and  one of our members built and sailed a larger version. I will look it out. Regards, Walter.

mjt60a:
Taubman plans have one - http://www.taubmansonline.com/ - it's listed under 'historic sailing ships' ProductID: 10.00.024 ($55 though...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version