Forum > Sailing craft

Junkit

(1/3) > >>

Broder Incertus:
Greetings!  

I saw a rather cute, small (62 cm) "fun scale" junk, Junkit, in a magazine, a kit made by M and M Development. I tried to order one, but I couldn't: the box would be too big, and it would be too complicated and too expensive (though how expensive I have no idea) to ship to Sweden. Does anyone know anything about Junkit and/or M and M? Did I have a lucky escape? :?    

I'm rather intrigued by chinese junks, and I saw somewhere (I wish I could remember where) a paddler with a junk rig.

/Torbjörn

Red_Hamish:
Hello all, M and M developments have beeen around for a good while . I've not personally ordered from them but I think they are a part-time operation. Their web page is http://www.mandm.gb.com/page7.html for the "junkit" Not too sure if the hull size mentioned has any cor-relation to the overall box size? I did  not think the size excessive.

cheers

Jim

Broder Incertus:
More expensive but no more complicated than shipping one to Aberdeen I would have guess, but I guess I'm wrong.

I have to find myself another junk. MRB has some junk plans in their plans catalogue, but I don't know of any other kit.

Cheerio

Broder Incertus:
No information about the actual cost of shipping, in fact, no reply what so ever …

Any suggestions for a kit, plans, something? Chinese junk, or something similar, a simple scalish sailing boat?

tia

Eddy Matthews:
Hi Torbjörn

I don't know of any kits, but here's some plans for a Chinese Junk, and some others for an Arab Dhow....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version