Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Paddleducks Website/Forum / Re: DOWNLOADS
« Last post by derekwarner_decoy on June 18, 2021, 10:12:34 AM »
Hullo Mike.......you need to read the Membership qualifications, prior to being able to access archive plans...

The PD's IT system should have copied these to you with your Membership acknowledgement

Derek
Introduce Yourself / Re: Oldie returning from west Coast of Scotland.
« Last post by derekwarner_decoy on June 18, 2021, 09:39:42 AM »
Goodmorning young Sandy......

I was aware that Bogstandard was not in good health, but so is life
A little disturbed with your lot.......I hope you didn't obstruct vehicular traffic in the TESCO car park when you decided you needed a rest :whistle

I haven't changed my e-mail address....just left click on the name to the left <<<<<<<<
I have grown older, not necessarily wiser, Doctors prescription medication keeps me broke, however just enough for the odd  :coffee

I have grown a walking stick as I am booked in for a new hip in 12 months time

As always my best regards
Derek :beer
« Last post by sandyACS on June 18, 2021, 08:56:45 AM »
Hi Eddy,
Long time no chat eh!!

The past few years have not all been good for me health wise but have tried to keep doing as much as I am able to.

I tried to contact you a while back by email but it came back with an unknown email address, so I guess you must have changed yours.
I had the same problem with Derek Warner so I must get his new email address as well.

I was forced to change mine about 5 years ago when my original provider left the market, so I had to find a new one... ho hum!

It is good to be back with you and the gang and I hope I can be of some use to some folks.

I have spent a couple of hours or so tonight finding my way round the new forum and I think I have found all the necessary bits, but time will tell.

I hope you and yours have managed to keep clear of this nasty Covid stuff. Kate and I have both had our two vaccine doses and feel a little easier about venturing out now... I was diagnosed with COPD (8years ago) after collapsing in Tesco's car park in Oban, followed by a week in Hospital with a hole in one lung (Pneumothorax) caused by a bacterial infection, and have had to stay well shielded for the past 14 months... but hey, I'm still here and kicking...lol... Just have to pace myself a lot more now.

Keep Happy.

Sandy.
Paddleducks Website/Forum / DOWNLOADS
« Last post by puffin on June 18, 2021, 05:57:48 AM »
Hi All
Can someone please tell me why I am unable to download the Waverley paddle wheel file ?
Cheers
Mike
Chat & Off Topic Stuff / Re: More sad news.
« Last post by DamienG on June 17, 2021, 09:03:05 PM »
Indeed sad news. :o
« Last post by Eddy Matthews on June 17, 2021, 08:41:43 AM »
Welcome back Sandy, it's great to see you online again, you've been missed!!

Regards
Eddy
Chat & Off Topic Stuff / Re: More sad news.
« Last post by derekwarner_decoy on June 17, 2021, 08:35:03 AM »
There may be sadness, but John has now joined Bandit & Vinnie....[his beloved 4 legged friends].........

The one comment that will always stay in my mind .....'what!.....have they all forgotten how to walk?' when referring to the need for him to drive a Grandchild to school.....[not for the Child, but as the only driver in the Household]

Rest peacefully John

Derek from Australia
Chat & Off Topic Stuff / More sad news.
« Last post by sandyACS on June 17, 2021, 08:19:16 AM »
I have just rejoined the paddleducks group after a few years away and one of my first posts is a sad one.

For those of you who remember him from the old forum, it is my sad duty to inform you that John (Bogstandard) Moore passed away early on Monday 7th June 2021 following a lengthy illness.

He will best be remembered for his dry witty sense of humour  and especially for his twin cylinder 'Paddleducks' steam engine design which I had the great pleasure of being involved in.

He not only left us with a great steam engine design, but also a great legacy of other model engineering hints, tips and other related stuff.

He will be sorely missed by Me and many of you who had the pleasure of knowing him.

R.I.P John Moore.

From your old mate Sandy.
Introduce Yourself / Oldie returning from west Coast of Scotland.
« Last post by sandyACS on June 17, 2021, 07:59:21 AM »
Hi everyone,

Some of you will already know me from the old forum, for better or worse... :o  :evil ...lol

For those that don't, I am a retired model engine and boiler manufacturer and have one or two of my designs already on the forum downloads, assuming they were carried over from the old forum.

My main interests are designing and making model steam engines and model boat building.

I look forward to many happy discussions on this new forum.

Thanks for allowing me to join you.

Sandy.
Construction / Re: Blockade Runner "Colonel Lamb"
« Last post by Hankwilliams on June 15, 2021, 05:43:52 AM »
The sun shines a little bridghter, the birds sings a little louder and the life day seems more serene- when the steamboat is functionating well!

Today I made a steam test in water, it was unexpected, but all functions of boiler and engine were ok. Yesterday show some minor problems - untightness of steam regulator, some adjustments of engine gear was nercessary - but no difficult problems. Deplacement of navigable model is only 9350 gramm. But in cause of the heavy boiler the model shows at first bow heavy, so one iron bar of 600 gramm weight was put nearby the stern. Deplacement now is nearly exact 10 kg, which is much less than the "Hope" with her same hull and 14 kg.
Derek - I made an mistake - the two pairs of cogwheels has 48 and 18 teeth, so the gear reduction is 8 : 3. The brass cogwheels are from GHW Modellbauversand, price of all was about 45.- Euro.
Minimum pressure to move the engine in water is 0,9 bar, with a little bit more than 2 bar the power is fantastic, like in the pictures.

Main point of changing the heavy Regner 12/36 to Graham TVRIA wasn`t the weight but the much better and more reliably reversing of Graham engine. The big boiler is a little bit oversized for the Graham, but I presume a running time between 40 - 60 minutes with water content. Dimension of flame can be changed by R/C from minimum until maximum with Regner R/C gas cock.

Thomas
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10