Forum > Construction

1:25 scale Quarter-wheeler river Drogher

<< < (10/11) > >>

Steven S:
I've been able to finish and mount the rudder.  Now I'm trying to work out the chain routing and how to attach it to the rudder and the servo.

Steven S:
Iím still not satisfied with the rudder linkage so I have been working on finishing some other areas of the boat for now.  My main holdup is that I have been assembling a sailboat I bought in February.  Several of us in my club have decided to try racing RC65 sailboats this summer as we have a new pond this year that is deep enough and clean enough for sailing.  It took more time than I thought, but Iím back to work on the drogher now

I have fastened down the boiler room and added some shelves for packages plus a bench and a water closet for passengers that might want to accompany their goods into town.  I also made some latches for the engine room and the front hatch.  Itís just a piece of brass rod bent into a ďUĒ that fits into two holes in the structure.  One leg is shorter than the other to make it easier to insert.  I also added braces under each motor as Jurgen suggested and my woodpile is still a work in progress. My next job is to roof the boiler/wheel room and then make a deck crane.  Deck cargo and cardboard boxes for the shelving are also on the agenda.

Hankwilliams:
Very good work, the impression of the boat seems really original.

Steven S:
Thank you Thomas, yes Iím afraid it is entirely scratch built and bears little resemblance to any boat out there as there are no plans that I could find.  I looked at many pictures and read a lot of history on droghers and then built the boat I would have liked to pilot on the rivers back around 1900.
It is early summer/late spring here in Canada and there are other things to do, so work on the boat has slowed, but I have finished the boiler room and am now working on the deck hoist.  Iím planning on making it similar to Tomas Krejciís Lulonga.  I just have to make or buy the fittings for it.  Iím trying to figure out how the boom is connected to the derrick post.

Hankwilliams:
Very interesting and well build model, Steven!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version