Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Another Waverley  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Sabre

Another Waverley
« on: March 31, 2020, 10:48:49 PM »
Not long started this and I can't believe the photo came through.    I'm using 3mm  lite ply for the frames and I intend using 2mm lite ply for the planking.  When the hull is finished it will get a coat of fibreglass resin both inside and out.  A bit cold in the garage still hence the slow progress.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:54:10 PM by Sabre »

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Re: Another Waverley
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 10:59:04 PM »
Progress is looking good so far - What scale are you building at?

I'd mount the frames onto a building board before attempting the planking though, otherwise it's likely to twist out of shape.

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline Sabre

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 11:55:41 PM »

https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=waverley%20p%2es%2e&PN=mar2283%2ehtml#SID=197

Can't remember the scale but it's just over four feet in length.   I've done a couple of plank on frame kits before and I intend doing just a couple of planks at a time whilst the thing is kept upside down and suitable weight on top.   After cutting out the frames I realised that  3mm lite ply is just a bit too flimsy.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 12:25:17 AM »
I've been plodding along with the build over the past few weeks and today I cut the deck from a sheet of four feet 1.5mm ply which I have had for years.   A few mistakes have been made but some are easily overcome whilst others remain a bit tricky.  Paddle boxes are not finished and only placed alongside.   
Just wondering what is the easiest / simplest way of powering the thing.
Hopefully the images attach ok.

Online DamienG

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 02:27:32 PM »
 :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Offline Sabre

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 09:36:57 PM »
Still plodding on with it but it has progressed a lot more than in the attached photo.   Oh how I hate modern paint.