Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Can anyone help?  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Can anyone help?
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »
In late 1995/96, the American magazine "Radio Controlled Boat Modeller (RCBM)" did an article on the sternwheeler "Bailey Gatzert". Does anyone have a copy of the magazines that featured that build, which they could scan and send to me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline Barry

Re: Can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:18:31 AM »
I haven't been able to find the second part of the article from RCMB [the first part is in the download section]. Have you tried contacting John Fryant in the US? He sells plans for her with photos and a history. http://modelplans.steamboats.org/
You could try asking on http://www.rcgroups.com/scale-boats-55/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:54:19 AM by Barry »

towboatjoe

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 05:40:34 AM »
John Fryant and i are getting together April 2nd at the Expo show in Toledo, OH. he's a great friend.
Eddie I'll see if I can find part two. I used to write articles for them and I think I have every copy except the premire. Someone made off with it.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 05:44:38 AM »
Thanks Joe, I'd certainly appreciate it....

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

towboatjoe

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 06:03:26 AM »
No luck so far. It was U S Boat and Ship modeler that I have copies of. Now I know I'm getting old. I'll keep an eye out for the article.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 10:21:15 PM »
I'm still trying to find copies of the build article for the Bailey Gatzert that was featured in the 1995/96 issues of RCBM, so if anyone can help I'd be extremely grateful!

A friend of mine made a start on a model of this sternwheeler and has produced a hull which I have now inherited because he has arthritus and is unable to complete it....

So please PLEASE have a dig through any old magazines you might have and see if you can help.

May thanks
Eddy