Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: the Western Australian Connection  (Read 2155 times)

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Wollongong - Australia
the Western Australian Connection
« on: June 15, 2005, 09:14:57 PM »
PJ – we have made contact with WA as you can see – WA is near ¼ a world away from NSW – especially on the Qantas “RED EYE” special out of Perth @ midnight en route to Mascot  NSW  

KFj – thanks Ken – BlueScope Steel Kembla release me a few times per year for a week or so @ BlueScope Whyalla in my consultancy, however I cannot see me getting to Perth – if Troy can find anything with the [12' 6" live steam model paddle tug] in Busselton great & would be appreciated – I have also corrected your return from the north end as below - regards Derek  
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  

Derek L Warner (Pty Ltd)                                                                                                                          mobile - 0419409683  
Engineering Consultants                                                                              e-mail dlwarner@bigpond.net.au  
ABN 71 065 152 418                                                                                               Office 0242838200 - Fax 0242838017  
                                                                                                                 PO Box   294 Wollongong East  NSW 2520  
                                                                                                                                                                                                    5/11 Underwood Street Corrimal NSW 2518  
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  

-----Original Message-----
 From: Ken Fletcher jnr [mailto:ken@miningandhydraulics.com.au]
 Sent: Wednesday, 15 June 2005 7:07 PM
 To: 'Derek Warner'
 Subject: RE: Any PD near Busselton, Western   Australia  

Hello Derek,  

It is good to hear for you again, I no nothing about paddle ducks, however my brother knows someone in the RC model boats club, I will ask him to find out if anyone knows something.  

Best Regards,  

Ken Fletcher jnr  

Mining & Hydraulic Supplies  
Ph:     08 9249 2511  
Fax:    08 9249 2232  
Email: ken@miningandhydraulics.com.au (ken@miningandhydraulics.com.au)  
Website: www.miningandhydraulics.com.auresearch@paddleducks.co.uk  

Sent: Wednesday, 15 June 2005 3:49 PM
 To: research@paddleducks.co.uk
 Cc: ken@miningandhydraulics.com.au
 Subject: Any PD near Busselton, Western   Australia  

PJ – I am penning this to the son of a previous work colleague in Perth WA in the hope he may be able to offer comment as I don’t believe we have any PD members in WA – is there any other detail of  a large 12' 6" live steam model paddle tug?  

Ken – this Derek Warner [ex sales manager @ Stauff ] – you will remember calling into Stauff @ Unanderra NSW with your brother [Troy] after a trip from [the top end of Australia] some 14 or 15  years ago -  I just telephoned to get your dads e-mail address however Tresea mentioned he was overseas  

PJ – Ken senior & I have shared the odd few glasses of amber fluid in many states of Australia [but of course only for work functions]  

Ken - there is nothing sinister about Paddle ducks – just a world wide group of approx 150 people with a love of model ships & in particular paddle wheelers – Derek  
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………  

Sent: Wednesday, 15 June 2005 1:01 AM
 To: research@paddleducks.co.uk
 Subject: Att: Any PD near Busselton, Western   Australia  

The following message was posted on Paddleducks, by PJ  
Hey guys!

I'm calling any Paddleduck in Western Australia who lives within striking distance of the town of Busselton on Geographe Bay approximately 3 hours South of Perth.

I am researching a large 12' 6" live steam model paddle tug which apparently ended up there.

If you live in or close to that area please let me know.

Thanks

PJ
 Victoria, BC Canada

Exported by Paddleducks Mail System.
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au