Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Waverley accident report  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Waverley accident report
« on: February 25, 2005, 07:54:19 AM »
Here's a copy of the accident report in which the Waverley ran aground south of Sanda Island off the west coast of Scotland in June 2004.

Read the report for yourselves, it left me speechless!

Regards
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Bob_V

Waverley accident report
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 09:23:51 AM »
Eddy

Clicked on 'Download', after downloading all I got was a white screen with a little rectangle in the top left hand corner containing a red square, green circle and blue triangle. :?:  :?:  :?:

Bob

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Waverley accident report
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 09:33:11 AM »
Quote from: "Bob_V"
Eddy

Clicked on 'Download', after downloading all I got was a white screen with a little rectangle in the top left hand corner containing a red square, green circle and blue triangle. :?:  :?:  :?:

Bob

Sorry Bob, it's a slight problem with the code that handles pdf files. If you have the Adobe Acrobat viewer installed on your computer (it's a FREE download from Adobe), just RIGHT click on the download icon and save the file to your computer - You will then get it properly so you can view it off your harddrive....

Regards
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Bob_V

Waverley accident report
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 09:45:15 AM »
Thanks Eddy, now downloaded. Will read it shortly.

Cheers

Bob

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Waverley accident report
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 09:48:18 AM »
I've now changed the forum code so that left clicking the file icon will also download the file to your hardrive.... Hopefully that should prevent any future problems with pdf files.

Regards

Khephre

Waverley accident report
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 09:57:48 AM »
Fascinating reading and a very very fortunate group of excursionists - many thanks Eddy.

The circumstances read very much like the sinking of the Mikhail Lermontov in New Zealand back in '86 - where the pilot took the ship at 15 kts between a rocky point and the outlying lighthose that marked the point!

Tony
Akl, NZ