Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: paddle steamer Bohemia vacform kit.  (Read 922 times)

Offline Walter Snowdon

paddle steamer Bohemia vacform kit.
« on: March 29, 2020, 04:20:42 AM »
Many years ago I built the Pelikan kit of an early steamer the Bohemia  in a hurry for a paddler day at our club. For all the rush it turned out rather well. It changed hands three times in our club and I have lost track of it!!!. I would like to build another and make a better job of it. Does anyone know whether the kit is still available and are the Czech manufacturers are still in existence?.  Regards, Walter.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Re: paddle steamer Bohemia vacform kit.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 08:50:45 PM »
Morning Walter,

Your model of the Bohemia was always a favourite of mine, and I too would like to build one if it can be found somewhere? Please let me know if you locate one!

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline Walter Snowdon

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 01:20:14 AM »
Hi Eddy. Will do!  I think mark got mine and it changed hands twice after that- I dont know who has it now- but I think its still in the club but its closed down completely for the forseable future as is the park so we cant even go sailing!  I have a plan for making bohemia from a Czech magazine if all else fails. Regards, Walter.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 02:52:46 AM »
I've had no luck tracing the kit for Bohemia Walter, but there are some plans for her....

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline Walter Snowdon

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 05:30:41 PM »
Thanks for that Eddy- Ive saved it. I came across an interesting (early ) painting of her on a Czech postage stamp would you believe!. It has a suprising amount of detail in it! Regards, Walter.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 09:23:00 PM »
Hi Walter,

I've just printed the plans off at a couple of different scales....

One would give a model 28" long, with a beam of 4" and over the sponsons 7"

The larger one would give a model 38" long with a beam of 5" and 9" over the sponsons...

I think the larger one would be better, and I should have enough materials here to build a hull (or two as I'd like one too), so if I knocked up a couple of hulls, and do the basic superstructure, would you be prepared to do the finishing and fitting out as a joint project?

Regards
Eddy

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 03:57:34 AM »
I stumbled across a Czech website with some photos of the Pelican kit.... May be of some use?

Regards
Eddy