Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: 1/48 Talisman hull  (Read 1648 times)

Offline kevin

1/48 Talisman hull
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:33:44 PM »
Good morning everyone

I have 1/48 hull on order from mountfleet models, does antone know what other builds can be created from the talisman hull?
I tend to do a lot of building at the weekends, then ponder what i have achieved during the week, then adapt, redo or accept the following weekend

Offline Paddlemex

Re: 1/48 Talisman hull
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 10:29:08 AM »

If you are not a 100% scale freak I guess the Hohentwiel may be a candidate.

Offline kevin

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 07:34:20 AM »
the hull and plans arrived for the Talisman, one of my  planned retirement builds, from Mountfleet Models, the same company as the St Nectan Trawler

the hull is 1/48 1434mm long

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 07:37:49 AM by kevin »
I tend to do a lot of building at the weekends, then ponder what i have achieved during the week, then adapt, redo or accept the following weekend

Offline kevin

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 04:34:25 AM »
Good evening everyone

sorry i have not posted in a while, but im back now

i retired at the end of Jan this year, just before the world fell apart, and at present finishing my St Nectan off

the hull for the Talisman is awaiting to be started, But i want to do her as a static cutaway, does anyone know of such a build, or point me in the direction of some plans and or decent reference books

you help will be greatly appreciated

Offline Walter Snowdon

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 04:55:50 PM »
Hi Kevin. The alternative that immediately comes to mind for talisman hull is the MAID OF THE LOCH. It has very similiar lines and size and layout but is far prettier!. I seem to remember a build article in either model boats or marine modelling a few years ago and Talisman hull was used on the prototype. Plans are available. Several Clyde steamers from the 1930s come to mind, JUNO,JUPITER and the MARCHIONESS OF LORNE come to mind. some fiddling with scale and bow rake would be necessary but are do-able.if you look in the download section under other publications you should find GA drawing of all of them, possibly with some interior arrangements. ((Its many years since I gave the originals to Eddy to fil in PD that I cant remember which)- there were so many of them from shipbuilding magazines going back over 80 years of british shipbuilding. Regards, Walter.

Offline Walter Snowdon

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 05:18:29 PM »
Back again Kevin. Just a quick revision of above. Go into Downloads section of site, then magazines and search through the following magazines- SHIP BUILDING AND SHIPPING RECORD, THE ENGINEER,THE SHIPBUILDER, SHIP BUILDING AND MARINE ENGINES.   BEST OF LUCK!, WALTER,

Offline kevin

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 05:34:40 PM »
Thank you so very much Walter,