Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Sternwheel drive  (Read 3376 times)

towboatjoe

Sternwheel drive
« on: January 12, 2005, 02:30:04 AM »
For modelers interested in how I got the pitman arms to push back and forth on the Verity like the prototype, I have photos and a drawing of the mechanism i built from brass tubing at the following page.....
http://www.dragg.net/jbrown/construc2.htm

Offline mjt60a

Sternwheel drive
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 02:36:53 AM »
That's a very interesting page! I've used some of those things myself but there's still a lot of suggestions I can try :)
ps. the blister-pack that my hay fever tablets are supplied in make good 25th scale bulkhead lights if I add four loops of thin wire, two vertical then 2 horozontal (and can contain a small white LED!) and I've found that the plunger from an insulin syringe is just the right diameter to force lubricant into a propshaft.....right now I'm looking for some discarded lengths of a broken GRP fishing rod to make scale (but not fragile) masts...
Posted by Mick.
(.....gonna need a bigger boat.....)

Offline Walter Snowdon

Sternwheel drive
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 03:35:33 AM »
Hi Joe, Thats one of the best articles I have seen posted anywhere.A load of very practical ideas. Wishing you more strength to your arm for future gems ( I will raise a glass (or two) to you tonight) .Cheers, Walter.