Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Hello from Barry in Berkshire, UK  (Read 553 times)

Offline barrys

Hello from Barry in Berkshire, UK
« on: January 21, 2019, 02:28:39 AM »
Hello, i'm Barry from West Berkshire, UK.
45ish years old   :D

Been scale model making on and off for years (but not for quite a while as got involved in rebuilding classic motorbikes, stationery engines, playing with Landrovers and doing photography).

only just got back in to scale models again and thought i would go with RC boats this time instead of static Airplanes.
Already had a go with a Tug (Sun XI) which was purchased damaged so had to repair and replace some of the superstructure.
Also built a Krick Kit Felix Harbor Boat as well as a barge hull and upper from Mobile Model Marine so fancied something different and a bit of a challenge LOL.

thus far we have plans for the Waverley, a "Director" class Tug, but have also purchased from MMB the Volcano Tug Hull, plans and some fittings so not quite sure which way to go LOL.

Of course Paddlewheels seem few and far between but looking at making some basic (non feathered) ones myself using the materials I already have here, if that does not work then look at getting a set later from somewhere (money allowing of course).
also looking at making the boat/ship/tug steerable on the paddles and rudder so have 2 ESCs, a Mtronik mixer as well as a Tank drive/gearbox set either on order or already in the Spares box

I think this is going to be interesting/fun to say the least as not really done a scale model with no "model plans" so to speak :)

Cheers

Barry

Offline Barry

Re: Hello from Barry in Berkshire, UK
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 07:41:01 PM »
Welcome aboard.
Float a Boat in Melbourne have paddle wheel kits for the three paddlers you mention, Waverley, Director and Volcano. Get in touch with Rhonda or Adrian and they'll be able to tell you all about them. info@floataboat.com.au
Look for Damien's Volcano build on the forum, he bought a set of etched brass paddle wheels for his model.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 07:44:06 PM by Barry »