Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Hello from Finland  (Read 430 times)

Offline Moxis

Hello from Finland
« on: June 20, 2018, 04:48:04 PM »
Hello, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Matti and I live in Lahti, Finland. I am a retired engineer having made models for almost my entire life, starting first with airplane models made of solid wood, because there were no plastic model kits those days. These followed by plastic cars, tanks and airplanes, until after retirement I have built only scratch. Tanks and a few racing cars in the scale of 1/6 have been made during the last years.
My latest project was a S/S  Maaninka, a model of Finnish lake steamer built 1919, made in the scale 1/25. This is a passenger ship powered with electric motor and radio controlled.
For my next project I would like to build an open launch powered with a real steam engine of my own production. For this reason I was registering here, hoping to find fellow members who have made small steam engines, to get help and information about these.
At the same time I am asking if anybody could give me advice, where to find plans for a nice two cylinder steam engine.

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Finland
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 06:30:25 PM »
Welcome Matti I'm sure will answer your questions and provide advice ass needed.

DamienG