Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Aussie new member  (Read 805 times)

Offline Nemo

Aussie new member
« on: May 27, 2018, 12:28:48 PM »
I live in country Victoria, Australia. Until a year ago I had  sailed plastic (non-wooden) rc sailboats for 10 years,  many of them, actually.
Then I found someone in the USA offering plans for custom classic sailboats using just thin plywood. So far I have built, and am sailing three of  them, a schooner and two sloops. A fourth is just started, a 58" schooner similar to the first, but somewhat modified .
But recently , while having lunch between racing, it occurred to me that using the plywood hull building techniques it shouldn't be a huge task to build a 1 metre or so rc electric powered river side-paddle boat.  Knowing that it wont be easy, I started looking for a suitable forum.
I plan to build it up from locally available plans  for  a 1 metre P.S. Adelaide, now 150 y.oo. and still plying the Murray river (or so I read)..

So here I am.   ;)
Third time lucky

Offline rob

Re: Aussie new member
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 06:21:47 PM »
Welcome Nemo.
Builders always welcome

Offline Robert Hornby

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 08:52:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum Nemo, and I wish you the best of luck with your new project. I am just about to look for RC stuff for my 1 meter long launch so maybe you can give me some tips.
Robert
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 10:16:40 AM »
Welcome Nemo From Wendouree (Ballarat) any questions just ask there's lots of helpful modellers here.
Damien.

Offline Nemo

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and encouragement.   :)

I'm never slow in asking for advice and help or providing it where I can.

Bit surprised to find so many members in my region, some virtually neighbors.

I'll go visit  Floataboat within a fortnight (been on my lists for a long time) and check out some options.

As soon as I lay the keel , so to speak, I'll post progressive stages. At this stage I'm just absorbing info.

I'll start a new thread when that time comes.  I usually make YouTube videos as soon as a boat is  operational.
Third time lucky

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 07:14:10 PM »
 :beer :beer