Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: New member from the inner land Switzerland  (Read 168 times)

Offline Phu9

New member from the inner land Switzerland
« on: March 19, 2018, 07:46:17 AM »
Hi
I'm Peter from the German speaking part of Switzerland, and my English is not the best. But I hope you will understand me. I'm an economist and have been working in the Swiss financial industry. Model making I began after my retirement a few years ago. As beginner, it's recommended to start with easy projects, but I always need a certain challenge. Fascinated of the whole steam technology, my focus lies on steam engines. First, I bought one or two ready-to-run, then I assembled them from premachined kits and now - after having an appropriate workshop and some skills - I build them from castings or unmanufactured material in steel, brass, copper, bronce and so on. As a lover of steam boats, a short time later the first live steam boat model was on the workbench, the simple Borkum steam launch by Krick. And it runs. For a next boat project I'v been motivated in 2016, when I've been in the New England States of the U.S., amongst others in northern Massachusetts at the Lake Winnipesaukee, where I've heard of the famous SS Mount Washington from 1872. And now, the model is practically completet. I'll post a new topic "Mt. Washington" because a small problem is still remaining: Will the boat really swim and be controllable without considerable problems? And a next project, the paddlestemer tug STRONGBOW is waiting.