Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: My first paddle steamer project - PS Waverley  (Read 838 times)

Offline Peter Binns

My first paddle steamer project - PS Waverley
« on: January 24, 2018, 10:59:02 AM »
Although I have been making large scale RC model boats and ships of character and/or historical significance for the last ten years (see pics), I have never tackled a paddle steamer.  So, like probably dozens of other marine modellers before me, I have chosen to scratch build a 1:48 scale PS Waverley, but mine will be steam-powered.

Living in the far South-West, I was familiar with the Waverley from its summer visits to the Bristol Channel ports, but have never actually seen the vessel. I plan to remedy this by travelling up to Scotland at the earliest opportunity for a look see. I knew that she was launched the same year as me in 1947, but since discovering her maiden voyage (16 June) was on the actual day I was born, the project has now assumed even greater significance for me.

Whilst Iím waiting for the ex-MMI plans to arrive (which I will scale up to 1:48 at the local architectural plan printers), more and more queries (some very basic) are coming into my head about the challenge before me. Iíve therefore registered with Paddleducks in the hope that some of you veteran paddlers will be able to answer some of my questions, the first batch of which I will post in the Paddle Wheels/Drives section.

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
Re: My first paddle steamer project - PS Waverley
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 03:31:05 PM »
Welcome Peter any questions just ask we have a great collection of knowledgeable member always happy to help if they can.