Forum > Construction

Ideas for future builds

<< < (3/16) > >>

Spankbucket:
...and they have good old Josie...I forgot to mention...!

DamienG:
That's where I got my Josie plan.  :great :great

steamboatmodel:

--- Quote from: DamienG on January 21, 2018, 01:28:20 PM ---If that's the case I can't understand why Model Boats haven't sued them? I've bought many plans from them over the years.

--- End quote ---
Probably for the same reason that others have not sued John Tom, it would cost too much and they would receive next to nothing. I have heard that the couple that do them receive a letter from one of the publishers about every six months which they ignore. They used to reply requesting proof of copyright, which most publishers never acquire.
Gerald. 

DamienG:
The plans I've bought all have the designers name on them.
I have tried to buy plans from MB plans service and were expensive and postage was twice the price of the plan.
I have built many boats from MB magazine free plans over the years.
I even built a  3 metre powered glider from a half page photo & plan from a march 1963 Aeromodeller when I eventually sold it a wine grower who'd never flown a model bought it to scare birds off his crop.
I doubt it lasted long. 

Hankwilliams:
Hi Damien and all,

The following suggestion seems rather excentric, but very interesting: Bazin`s roller boat.  I Think, a long time ago in this forum already there was a post with pictures. Bazin`s roller boat was really existing - it should be not too difficult to make an extraordinary model...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version