Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1070 times)

Offline tyreland

Hello
« on: October 15, 2017, 06:11:55 AM »
Was pleased to find your community as I have had a long interest in model ship building, one thing I have always wanted to do was to build a model of a Confederate blockade runner. It has proved extremely difficult to obtain any plans as there don't appear to be any published commercially. I have a particular interest in the engines and now having retired have the time to research and hopefully build a working model. Any help from the members here would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Robert Hornby

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 11:12:06 AM »
Hi Tyreland,
Welcome to the forum and wish you good luck finding info on your project. I am in the process of building a steam powered boat (not a paddle wheeler though) and you can find a few pictures on my posting under OTHER MODELS and COLUMBINE. Any help I can give just ask.
Robert
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 11:17:15 AM »
Welcome to Paddleducks Tyreland perhaps one of our members can point you to a USA nautical museum that may have the drawing that will help with your Blockade runner endeavours.

DamienG