Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Bay Of Quinte  (Read 4802 times)

Offline Twain

Re: Bay Of Quinte
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 12:42:53 AM »
Is that yours, Thomas? It's very impressive.

I decided against steam because of my fear of fire, but that paddler looks very tempting. For now, I'll complete the electrics in the Bay of Quinte and settle for my Krick Victoria, but the thought of steam will always be there....

Offline Hankwilliams

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 04:43:27 AM »
Thanks Twain

yes, it`s my "Mt. Washington". Draught was extended because of the weight of the engine. Perhaps your next model will be steam driven...

Thomas

Offline Twain

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 04:30:30 PM »
I've already started on my next model, or at least the engine for it--and it is steam-driven. I've  completed the steam-powered outboard motor for the Polly Wog launch described in the August, 1933 issue of Popular Mechanics. It's just a matter of time till I get to the boat....

Offline steamboatmodel

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 03:20:47 AM »
Thanks Twain

yes, it`s my "Mt. Washington". Draught was extended because of the weight of the engine. Perhaps your next model will be steam driven...

Thomas
Thomas that is amassing, I have seen a couple of electric "Mt. Washington" models and they have all been flat water models with low freeboard. How much did you extend the Draught? Do you have any videos of the engine running?
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long