Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Congo paddlesteamers  (Read 5860 times)

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Gold Subscriber
  • Wollongong - Australia
Re: Congo paddlesteamers
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 12:09:32 PM »
Morning Thomas........the apple of my eye  :kiss1 would be the Docleur Brodin

So simple, but in 1:12 or 1:16 scale would be able to show do much rustic detail....could it be a single cylinder drive??.....starting & reversing could be an issue on a model

There appears to be 3 vertical shafts  with arms for the Monkey Rudders.......these arms appear to be connected by rope with the Port side arm rope taken back buy a pulley block the pair of ropes taken Fwd on the Stbd side to the helm for steerage ..... 

However it certainly would also appear to be suitable for a pair of 12 x 36 Regner cylinders fitted directly with long arms to the wheel eccentrics

An open cabin to house & show the complete steam plant :trophy

I remember recently reading a note on a French WEB site that the Regner Company had been purchased.....not by the Regner family members, but an independent or outside group??

Are the Regner 12 x 36 Regner engines still available?...........

Derek 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:26:20 PM by derekwarner_decoy »
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Offline Hankwilliams

Re: Congo paddlesteamers
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 10:35:00 PM »
Hi Derek,

yes, the Regner factory has been purchased last year to Mischa Lechner, a former-co worker. The programm has be reduced, because the factory must be reorganized.
I hope, the future of Regner will be secured.
The "Doctor Brodin" steamer would be a fantastic and not very expending live steam model. I `m considering, what model in german winter could be built. This boat would have the Joseph Conrad Heart of darkness feeling - but I`ve already two tropic paddlers, "Zimbabwe" ex "Zulu" and "Ville de Bruges".

Thomas