Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Paddleducks moving forward---->  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Talisman

Paddleducks moving forward---->
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:25:24 AM »
Hi All,

Ken, yes we will have some new stuff soon, check the website.

It has been so long since i last visited that i had almost forgotten that there are ways to help maintain this site, have a look over on the left side - Donations / subscriptions ;) ;)

Thinking aloud .. could the title be changed to a more positive title ... I'm no marketing Guru but i'm sure someone can think of something better ...

Paddling into the future ... like i say I'm no expert!
Regards,
Kim
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:51:59 PM by DamienG »

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
Re: Paddleducks moving forward---->
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 05:08:02 PM »
I'll think on it Kim any suggestions ?

Perhaps Sponsorship?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:44:33 PM by DamienG »

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Wollongong - Australia
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 11:58:42 PM »
Hi PD's..........

1. The name "Paddleducks" ........I believe was created by a Paul Jordan [PJ] from Canada some 13 years ago
2. I think I was member number 12 in the group & have been a financial contributor for most of the years
3. Eddy would be the best reference to the name & date sequence of our WEB site etc
4. Validation is proof by history....not some 1/2 cocked concept of a new name! or where to make donations?
5. The same applies to our members who log on each day.......validation is proof by history

Goodness ...heavens.......considering all.......my thought is to maintain the name of Paddleducks ...........

If we can build....it must be strength on strength of the name Paddleducks ...........Derek

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:44:59 PM by DamienG »
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Offline Talisman

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 09:55:39 AM »
Hi All
Aye ...It's  good to be back Derek, lol

I think you have read way to far into what i'm saying.

What i tried to say is every time a response is made to this post the log shows up ''the end of Paddle ducks''
Now where we can both agree is that neither of us would be happy to see that day?

Regards,
Kim
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:45:39 PM by DamienG »

Offline Talisman

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 10:43:08 AM »
Hi Damien,
A few moons ago i did step up and became an administrator on this forum, unfortunately i had to bow out of that duty due to an illness in the family and hence my absence since then.

If the need arose for an administrator to the forum then i'd be happy to be considered.

If memory serves me then yes there is a way to change the title, but like i say my experience is dated.
Regards,
Kim
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:46:06 PM by DamienG »

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 12:59:13 PM »
Found how to change the title it is now Paddleducks moving forward---->

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 01:02:11 PM »
Very pleased to say just over a year since taking on Paddleducks and we're running like a well tuned Steam engine.
At times I'm the only logged in member but there can between 10 and 50 people viewing the site during the 15hrs a day i'm logged in. Making the Paddleducks site active if not with posts certainly with viewers.

Damien.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 01:54:35 PM by DamienG »

Offline steamboatmodel

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 01:46:21 AM »
I haven't been posting as I haven't been building anything related to boats, but I keep checking to see how things are going.
Regards,
Gerald
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Offline Tug--Kenny

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 08:12:58 AM »
I have just watched an interesting program on BBC4 all about the paddlers story.

It covers all the names we have come to know on here along with a video history. Well worth seeing if you get it on  'Catch up TV'.  I ran a copy at the same time so that I can refer back to it, in the future.

Cheers

ken

Despite the high cost of living,
                    it still remains popular.

Offline Roderick Smith

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 10:40:18 PM »
I have been doing measurement statistics on various transport groups over the various styles: yahoo, php forums, flickr.  Nearly all have dropped traffic significantly over 2 years.  Much of that can be attributed to the disaster changes made by yahoo and flickr to appeal to a facebook generation.  The changes did not attract new young enthusiasm, they simply made the older one lose enthusiasm and post less and read less: a self-perpetuating downward spiral.  Years ago, I experienced this for the first time when Meccano Magazine tried to attract new youth by switching focus to publishing stories about rock music.  It didn't attract a new audience; it lost the old audience and folded.
Hence, don't go gimmicky for marketing reasons.
The main focus is on modelling: perhaps the body of knowledge is now so vast that little new can be added?
Likewise with the sections covering the prototype.

Roderick

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 02:52:33 PM »
Wow 2 years since taking the reins gee time flies, pleased to say Paddleducks is running smoothly in that time I've refused around 50+ spammers membership.

I have settled in to the role of Admin easier than I expected. A big thank-you to all members For the trouble free forum ride.

It is great to see Eddy logged in most days.

Damien.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 02:58:27 PM by DamienG »

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 03:02:15 PM »
It's not uncommon to see 50+ visitors looking at Paddleducks while I'm the only one logged in.