Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Another new member  (Read 1183 times)

Tugger

Another new member
« on: April 30, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but not exactly new to marine modelling.  I was one of the founding members in the 1950's of the Manchester Radio Controlled Models Club when we all spat the dummy with the International Radio Controlled Models Society and formed our own club.  Although I now live in Australia, I note that the Manchester club is still going strong.  I even still recognise some of the names that appear in their bulletins.

I have not been a very active modeler over the years unfortunately but, as retirement looms ever closer, I am starting to build up steam, so to speak.

I have built a few steam engines over the years and love to tinker more than anything.  I would love to have the patience and the skill to build some of the models that we see in some clubs but, alas, I have neither.  I prefer to build models that have a bit of character about them with parts that work instead of just being for show.  Some of the models that are shown on club pages are beautiful but look more like entries for the Paris Motor Show than working boats.  My boats, on the other hand, are often downright grubby but at least the rudder chains move around pulleys and through spring blocks and the air vents all let air down the middle of them!  I guess we all have different talents and should try to exploit them to the best of our abilities.  I don't think I have ever been to a boat club meeting without learning something new and interesting so I am hoping this forum will be the same.  In return, I hope to post a few things that I have learnt or developed myself over the years.

Warm Regards to All.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Re: Another new member
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 03:05:18 AM »
Welcome to Paddleducks Peter, hope you enjoy your stay....

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~