Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: ESC's  (Read 1863 times)

blue eyes

ESC's
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:20:28 AM »
 Hi, can someone tell me how to wire two ESC's to my receiver for independent

paddle control, I think I once herd someone say that you need to disconnect

one of the wires going to the receiver :-\         Regards   Blue eyes!!       

Offline steamboatmodel

Re: ESC's
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 03:43:59 AM »
Generally you have BEC (Battery Elimination Circuits) in an ESC so you will have to find out how to disable one of them, or disable both and use a separate receiver power supply. Looking for the make of ESC on line may help.
Regards,
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Re: ESC's
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
If your speed controllers have BEC (check the instructions), simply remove the RED lead from one of the plugs that goes into the receiver - Only on ONE of the speed controllers though, then the other one will still feed power to the receiver.

There's no need to cut the wire, just lift the small plastic tab that hold the lead into the plug, fold the lead back onto itself and wrap a bit of tape to it to hold it in place. That way you can easily restore the BEC facility if you move the speed controller into another model.

Hope that helps?

Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~