Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Another would-be paddler  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Griffothebold

Another would-be paddler
« on: July 30, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »
G'day all. I am a retired paint/resin chemist/manufacturer living in a small town in Tasmania. I always thought that I would one day return to model boats ( used to race "B" Class endurance in Johannesburg in the early 1970s) and paddlers always had a strong drawcard for me.
Since retirement I have started learning to make lots of swarf with the intention of making steam engines. At the same time I learned TurboCAD and use it to convert small scale plans drawings to working drawings. Chieftain is currently on the go and will eventually end up a 42" set of drawings. I am going to attempt to convert the paddle drawings from MB to buildable size as the next project (when the superstructure is complete). I have attached a small picture of a drawing from MB CAD-ed and machine cut to prove the process. I am so pleased with the result that I am loathe to finish the hull, and install a steam engine, because it looks so good in real life.
The moniker "griffothebold" is the legacy of one of my customers after I fixed a problem he had in an unconventional manner.
I look forward to any help forthcoming.