Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Bonjour  (Read 1637 times)

Offline oapanglais

Bonjour
« on: May 26, 2012, 06:51:08 PM »
Hello everybody, just a few words to introduce myself. I am 69, widowed, retired engineer living in South West France in a village of 570 people. The nearest clubs are at least 90 minutes drive away so I haven't joined. The Dutch family who run the local campsite have given me permission to sail on their fishing lake for free providing I don't annoy the fishermen. I can get there in 5 minutes, and the lake is about a hectare (2.5 acres) with a bar (for drinks). I have chosen Glen Rosa using the X List Albion plan and Model Boats Oct 2007 to Feb 2008 articles as my next project.

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Paddleducks Supporter
  • Wollongong - Australia
Re: Bonjour
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
Welcome oapan......... :coffee ....you will find many interesting model vessel subjects here @ PD's

You may find previous text on the Glen Rosa in the search function of our WEB site .... :crash ......Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Offline oapanglais

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 01:49:56 AM »
Hello Derek
Thanks for the welcome. I guess you are pushing up zzzzzzzzzs at the moment. I had several looks at the site before registering, but it is better now I can use the search. It's a fascinating wealth of experience.
All the best Brian

Harold H. Duncan

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 07:11:39 AM »
Welcome Brian,
Nice project you have chosen.
Don't forget we love builds and plenty of photos
cheers
kiwi

Offline oapanglais

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 02:04:38 AM »
Hello Kiwi
Thanks for your welcome. I will do posts but I must warn you that I am a very slow builder. I am too much of a perfectionist to do anything quickly. I have studied the photos of Glen Sannox in the Glasgow Transport Museum gallery. The quality of the workmanship is amazing. I won't be able to match it but I can dream. It amazes me how quickly some people can build. Also it is summer here at last so I won't be in the workshop so often. I hope you can put up with waiting.            Brian

Oldsmokey

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:08:17 PM »
Hi oapanglais
welcome to the forum.