Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: New to this  (Read 1334 times)

oztruck

New to this
« on: May 09, 2010, 08:06:11 PM »
Hi all, new to this. My first boat was a Landing craft for rc tanks that I built last year and have had a ball with it ever since, but a few weeks ago took the wife for a drive down to the Murry river in South Australia where I saw a "Paddle Steamer".
I fell in love with the idea of one day building one and well here I am, wide eyed and bushy tailed, ready and eager to learn.

Looking to build something about 4 to 5 foot long about 1/16 scale and battery powered, any suggestions?

cheers Chris (oztruck)

Offline PeeWee

Re: New to this
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »
Welcome Chris,

You will find allot of very nice knowledgeable on here, though i am fairly new to paddles myself.

The question on recommendation would largley be on if you prefer working boats such as tugs etc of the more sleak lines of passanger/ocean going variants.

regards
Ian
Sane? who knows? who cares?

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Paddleducks Supporter
  • Wollongong - Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:56:57 PM »
Hi PD's....Chris....you could look at the plans of OZ paddlers a on ....Floataboat in Melbourne......not sure about the 1/16 scale though  :goodluck

http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkzT77.hLgTwApJgL5gt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBydHRjbmRzBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=11eu3eu90/EXP=1273643387/**http%3a//www.floataboat.com/

They are good people to deal with ........Derek  :beer
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

oztruck

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 10:16:40 AM »
Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

PeeWee: I like the look of the working river boats of the Murry.

derekwarner_decoy: What can you tell me about the plans for "Ned Kelly" I found on here?