Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Clyde Model Boats  (Read 27000 times)

Offline Talisman

Re: Clyde Model Boats
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
Hi All,
Well the clock has gone 12 and it's the new year ... Happy new year to you all!!

Last year we had a January sale but with everything else that has been happening in my life recently i haven't been able to give thought to a January sale...

But .. in true January sale tradition ....
I will offer all Paddle duck members a 10% discount on all our stock paddlewheels.
Now maybe you don't have a hull or project for them so perhaps i should offer a discount on the hulls as well?.... OK you got me ... I will offer 20% off all Paddle steamer hulls if ordered with a discounted set of wheels.... Fair?

This offer is only available to Paddle Duck members registered before this post and is only available until the 20th of January 2012.

All memebrs taking advatage must contact me by phone as my web site dosn't allow application of discount .. or maybe it does and i haven't figured it out yet ...

Happy New year to you all!
Regards,
Kim

Clyde Model Boats
Tel 01360 - 622611
web www.clydemodelboats.co.uk
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:44:45 AM by Talisman »

Offline neil howard-pritchard

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 07:22:57 AM »
and a happy new year to you too Kim, and family......don't think mayhem members would let me get away with putting paddle wheels on one of my lifeboats, but great offer none the less.
all the best
neil.

Offline Talisman

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 09:38:11 AM »
Busy times ....

As some of you are aware i have suspended my online shop .. bummer, i almost had it ready !

Given the potential fines for not getting things right i have decided to suspend my site.

My efforts now are towards a catalogue which will be available shortly by telephone request only!

I have been tasked recently with a big commission job. This requires many hours on the Laser cutter which i cannot leave unattended.
I would ask that customers continue to leave an answer phone msg and i will get back to you ASAP!

Regards,
Kim

Offline Talisman

Briefly up for air ...
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 11:03:21 AM »
As most of you are aware Paddler Day (2012) is just around the corner .... Yipee :06
I can get away from the tools and just concentrate on enjoying the hobby ......

Eddy .. are we doing curry this year ... I could do with one!

Look forward to seeing you all.
Regards,
Kim

Offline Talisman

Clyde goes to another dimension ...
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 08:12:21 AM »

Hi All,

During my recent quiet spell on Paddle Ducks i have been investing my time researching & understanding 3D Printing to the extent that i can now offer this service to you.

Initially it will be on a drawing supplied service but as time allows i will be able to offer a drawing service.

This is an exciting development and very much hope the Paddler guys can make use of this technology.

Also ... as a sweetener to the boss ...aka the lady of the house ... we can offer cnc chocolates .....

For more info just get in touch -
mail @ clyde model boats . co .uk (leave out the spaces)

So we can now offer the following services -

Laser Cutting
Laser Engraving
Photo Etching
Water Jet Cutting
CNC Milling
CNC Routing
CNC Turning
CAD - Computer Aided Design / Drawing service
CAM - Computer Aided Manufacturing

New!!

CNC Chocolate manufacturing  - Computer Numerical Control - Chocolate Manufacturing ..... go on you know the wife will like them ..... might even make the next project easier to slip in to the house!

Regards,
Kim
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:20:10 AM by Talisman »

Offline steamboatmodel

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
Kim can you post a video of the CNC Chocolate manufacturing ?
Regards,
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Offline Talisman

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 03:27:42 AM »
HI Gerald if you send me a drawing i will do you a video ... as long as it doesn't cost me too much in material & time.
Regards,
Kim

Offline steamboatmodel

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »
I didn't have anything specific in mind just wondering if it works like the 3D printers?
Regards,
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Offline Talisman

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
Hi Gerald,

I have one of the 'early' 3d printers that I'm rigging up for 3d Printed Chocolate .. so a quick search on You tube will give you an idea of what I'm up to.

The big disadvantage is the 'spiders webs' on un supported material ....

With the new machine all unsupported areas are supported (during manufacturing) by a powder which is dissolved at the end of processing.

The machine also boasts Dual Head ..... meaningtwo colours can be used.
I hope that is a little more informative.

I can also Laser Cut other food stuffs .... Last years  Family Christmas cake featured many laser cut Chocolate & Icing shapes and laser etched Icing ... If your interested laser etched icing has a great taste ... similar to toffee !
Mmmm ....
but lets try get back to paddlers ... my waist line would benefit !

All the best,
Kim

Offline Spankbucket

• Emigre from South London
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2012, 05:37:10 PM »
Hi Kim

Sounds like your 'modern' 2-colour 3d printer is like the one featured in that Youtube video that I responded on a couple of days ago? (A 2-colour spanner being made).

Cheers.....Bernie

Offline Talisman

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 08:00:33 AM »
Hi Bernie,
Spot on that's what were up to..
Sticking with the food theme a little longer ...
This little project reminds me of craft & design ... lets make a salt shaker ...
This is way more interesting than school stuff ... here is my salt shaker ... wonder if id get a better mark at school with this effort :)

Neil, if your looking in ... ;D Perhaps you can award a more favourable grade for my CV? :)

Regards,
Kim
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:02:05 AM by Talisman »

Offline Spankbucket

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »
Hi Kim...

Most impressive!!...presumably now you could do custom paddle wheels from a client's drawing (CAD or paper)?

Cheers...Bernie

Offline Talisman

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 05:45:06 AM »
Hi Bernie,

Yes we can do custom wheels .. allways could but yes this does give the possibilities another dimension.

CAD or Paper - Paper is likely to be more expensive unless you have figured out every dimension.

3D drawing is time consuming so everything you can do to speed the process makes it cheaper!

Regards,
Kim

Offline Spankbucket

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
Thanks Kim.....I don't have an immediate need but will certainly talk to you when I get round to the 'Nemesis'.

Cheers...Bernie

Offline neil howard-pritchard

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »

Neil, if your looking in ... ;D Perhaps you can award a more favourable grade for my CV? :)

Regards,
Kim

Hi Kim.............

A*......Preliminary drawings and development work first class,
          good set of measurements shown to work well,         
          good choice of materials,
          good complexity of work,
          excellent mating of top to base, showing technique and method
          excellent moulding skills,
          aesthetically pleasing and good grip for those arthritically challenged
          Overall finish excellent......A*

keep up the good work and you will make the grade........mind you.......according to that tozzer MP and Secretary of State for Education, (Mr Bean Look alike)   Mr. Gove its only a second rate gcse anyway.......so you'll have to try much harder next time to get an "O" level
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:32:56 PM by neil howard-pritchard »