Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Working deck lights  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Working deck lights
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:00:02 AM »
Does anyone know a UK source for fairly large working deck lights?

The Sir William Wallace paddle ferry that I'm building has two large deck lights to illuminate the decks, and I'd like to add these to the model as it would look impressive in a twilight sail...

Can anyone help?

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline Red_Hamish

• aka Jim
Re: Working deck lights
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 07:36:57 AM »
Hi Eddy, have you looked at http://www.alwayshobbies.com/Store/Model-Boats/Fittings/Robbe-Search-Light-10$35mm-Diameter-2pcs worth the money if it is the thing yoyu are after.

cheers

Jim
Enjoy life and the world of Radio Control Model Boating at  www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk There is also www.shetland.org for live webcams to see the good life.

Offline Talisman

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 07:54:42 AM »

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 08:36:07 AM »
Thanks guys,

The ones Kim gave a link to are pretty much what I'm after, except that I need something a bit larger.... I can see that I'll probably end up making my own, but I wanted to try and save a bit of time so that I can get the model on the water for our Paddler Day in september.

Nevermind, if the model doesn't have all it's lights and other odds and ends fitted it's not the end of the world...

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline Stuart Badger

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:57:19 PM »
Have you got a photo of one Eddy?

Stuart
Remember - a lone amateur built the Ark, it took a team of dedicated engineers to produce the Titanic.
Stuart

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 04:20:24 PM »
Have you got a photo of one Eddy?

Stuart

Sadly no, Stuart....  I'll see if I can find one, but it may be a day or so as I'm out all day today and most of tomorrow. That's assuming I can find one of course! It's amazing that there are so few photos of these boats when even though they were used by thousands of people each day....

Eddy

Offline mjt60a

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 04:02:15 AM »
Are they like those supplied (apparently) with this mast? http://www.alwayshobbies.com/Store/Model-Boats/Fittings/Graupner-Mast-
1/20 scale so might be large enough, though they are non working it could be possible to fit high-brightness LEDs in them....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:04:48 AM by mjt60a »
Posted by Mick.
(.....gonna need a bigger boat.....)