Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Postcards  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Talisman

Postcards
« on: April 24, 2009, 07:48:40 AM »
This guy on eBay has some great postcards some of which i have never seen before - great pic of the Caledonia in her war guise at Dumbarton listed just now - at he prices they go for its window shopping only for me :)

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/suehlace

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Re: Postcards
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:56:59 AM »
I agree, some great images, but with a starting price of 7 per postcard, I'm afraid he can keep them!

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

sandystrone

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 12:18:09 AM »
I have been a member of the Clyde River Steamer Club for nearly 40 years, and they have a very comprehensive collection of steamer photographs.
They offer a selection of a couple of dozen photos to members about twice a year and you certainly don't have to pay that sort of money for a postcard, plus two magazines come out yearly with your subscription of 17.
They cover turbines, car ferries, and of course paddle steamers.             Sandy

Offline AlistairD

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 07:56:01 AM »
The Clyde River Steamer Club has a large number of postcard size photos for sale at its winter meetinge, held in Jury's Hotel in Glasgow on he second Wednesday of every month from Ocotber to April
Alistair Deayton
Paisley
Scotland