Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Bangladesh paddler film.  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Walter Snowdon

Bangladesh paddler film.
« on: March 10, 2009, 06:19:30 AM »
Help! Ive just seen a DVD listed on Amazon called PMPDVD PADDLESTEAMER LEGENDS OF THE EAST(Bangladesh and Myamar). Has anyone seen this dvd and can comment on it before igo out and order it?. Basicaly is it worth seeing!! Regards, Walter.

Offline Roderick Smith

Re: Bangladesh paddler film.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 10:19:42 PM »
I've seen one on Myanmar (I own it, possibly vhs tape not cd/dvd), but not one on the two nations combined.
I haven't gone to Amazon to beat you to it, but I am tempted.  If it is a stock line, I can buy my own.  If it isn't, you buy it without a contest, then when you have tired of watching it, send me a pm on how to buy it third hand.

The Myanmar one was fairly much a promotional video for the Pandaw project, with some history, and a lot of evocative scenes to make you want to book on a voyage.

The Myanmar paddleboats were fairly boxy and similar (mainly sternwheel, some side wheel).  The Bangladesh ones have more style, but there are only about four in the Bangladesh era; there may have been more when it was part of India, then part of Pakistan.  My photos aboard PV (formerly PS) Ostrich are in their own thread, with photos of most of the others taken as we passed en route.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Offline AlistairD

Re: Bangladesh paddler film.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »
I bought that about six months ago from Midland Copunties Publications. It had been advertised in Ships Monthly.
It is a good video, not historical, but the report of a recent journey to Bangladesh and Burma, with shots of other vessels.
Good close up shots of one of the rocket steamers
Alistair Deayton
Paisley
Scotland