Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Waverley bits  (Read 5342 times)

Offline rmcluckie

Waverley bits
« on: July 09, 2008, 02:51:43 AM »
I have started to collect bits of the Waverley. I managed to get one of the connecting rod brasses from the crosshead end (or small end). They were replacing the 12 of them. Did any other paddleduck members obtain one? See photo

Robert

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Re: Waverley bits
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 03:22:07 AM »
What a great idea Robert! There can't be many people who have an actual part of the Waverley as part of their collection!!

How on earth did you hear of the parts becoming available? And who did you contact to get one?

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline Walter Snowdon

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 04:44:17 AM »
Hi folks, there are usualy"bits" for sale while waverley is sailing. Generaly they are kept on the engine room walkway but a word with the engineer will usualy turn something up. I have waverleys name pennant and houseflag in my collection. They are used as table covers for displaying  models at exhibitions. In our club we have the white ensign from HMS Newcastle, battle ensign from MTB 319 plus various shipping company house flags, all of which make interesting display covers. We are always looking for more. Sandystrone from this site has the name pennant from PS JEANIE DEANS. I would KILL for that one!!!!. Regards, walter.

Offline mjt60a

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 05:04:03 AM »
Last time I was on Waverley (last autumn) there were a row of used engine parts on sale to anyone interested!
Posted by Mick.
(.....gonna need a bigger boat.....)

Offline Walter Snowdon

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 05:12:43 AM »
Speak of the devil! A waverley Steam  Navigation house flag has just appeered on ebay starting at £40. Sorry I cant give the ebay reference I am still useless on anything not powered by clockwork or steam!. Regards, walter.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline rmcluckie

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 07:06:08 AM »
Eddy,
      Walter is correct. You will usually find parts for sale on the engineroom walkways or ask the engineer. I also have a slice of the mast about 3" thick and about 10" in diameter. Still to find a use for this. My other items are one paddle bracket bronze bush and a piece of broken paddle float which has since been recycled into various items.

Robert

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 07:45:31 AM »
Thanks guys, I have to honest and say that although I've been on Waverley on many occasions, I never realised that bits and pieces like this were available!

Dare I ask how much these sort of things go for?

Regards
Eddy

Offline rmcluckie

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 02:07:21 AM »
Eddy,
       The cost of the small pieces are usually quite reasonable. Larger or one off specials are more expensive. My crosshead bearing was quite expensive but nothing compared to the new cost. See attachment. Look out for the Waverley Donation adverts the next time you are onboard

Robert

Offline scotfriend

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 06:08:54 AM »
Hi PD's

i have also one of these bearings  ;) it is marked with " LP 4 " , the price wasn't to bad 10,- GBP, and a piece from a paddle float, Robert knows where i get it from.

Also in my collection is one of these glass/brass lubricators like the ones on the Swiss paddle steamers.

Regards Hans
When i read about the evils of drinking, I decide to give up reading

sandystrone

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 06:43:11 AM »
I have a small minted medalion in a blue box from WAVERLEY, I think they were a limited edition about 1976        Sandy