Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Firecrest  (Read 2879 times)

jock

Firecrest
« on: July 01, 2007, 06:53:08 PM »
In a 1982 edition of Engineering in Miniature I came across a 15' paddlesteamer "Firecrest" has anyone any info of this boat?
I would be interested in building a similar vessel.

Offline anth

Firecrest
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 06:24:26 PM »
I am sure there was an article in the american live steam magazine it was built by a priest in sa or wa I think
will have a look over the weekend

cheers
          Anthony

Offline malcolmbeak

Firecrest
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 09:31:27 PM »
Is this the Firecrest you mean? This is a Frolic 18 and was built in 1982. It has a Stuart Turner Swan engine, and a boiler built by Roger Mallinson. It is 18 feet long (not the 15 you mention).
More details can be found in The Steamboat Register published by the Steam Boat Association of Great Britain (SBA) ISBN 0 9513158 1 1.
This is the sixth edition published in 1994, so there will be later versions.
Malcolm

Offline malcolmbeak

Firecrest
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 09:33:14 PM »
Woops - missed that you are talking paddle steamers
Malcolm

Offline anth

Firecrest
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »
sorry wrong paddle steamer this was a little 13 foot side wheeler with a 3ft beam that was based in south oz.
It was powered by a twin steam engine and verticle boiler.

regards Anthony

Offline Firecrest

Re: Firecrest
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 07:14:30 AM »
Hi everyone, I would be interested to know from Jock if he knows which edition of EIM he was referring to in his original post.  I would love to get hold of a copy.  Firecrest has been in long term storage with her previous owner until January of this year when I purchased her.  She is now in the middle of a full restoration and coming on nicely.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has any pictures or info about the boat to help build a picture of her history.  We have some information but mot much, here's hoping some of you have seen her before.

many thanks
David.