Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Badges  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Badges
« on: June 04, 2007, 07:32:05 AM »
I'd like to start a collection of pin on enamel badges - Obviously I'm after paddler related ones.

Do you have any or know of any that are available?

I'll happily pay a reasonable price and cover postage etc etc... Though I would prefer to handle payments via Paypal if possible.
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline Walter Snowdon

enamel pin badges.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »
Hi Eddy, I too have a passion for collecting ship pin badges. I collect particularly paddlers followed by steam ships and shipping company house flags. Working on WAVERLEY and BALMORAL I am in a good position to swap with fellow enthusiasts. I will be able to let you have a Waverley badge shortly (When I find my spare one) and a Balmoral.
On an earlier post I asked if anyone was interested in swapping model boat club sticker badges (they look great on model boxes) for Darlington model boat club badges. This request still holds good and also includes pin badges as a swap for Waverley and balmoral badges. I also collect beer pump plates f or any brand of beer depicting a maritime subject. (these are the badges that are put on the front of beer pump handles in pubs). I have 42 so far though none feature paddlers. I got my latest only yesterday while Eddy was force feeding me liquid lunch. It is from a small brrewery whos ales all feature TITANIC. Yesterdays was called "Titanics iceberg" and is very tasty. (We are a strange lot arent we). We could get a good "string" going on this subject! Regards walter.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Badges
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 05:20:53 AM »
Thanks Walter, much appreciated....

Sadly it seems (so far) that it's only you and I that have an interest in collecting/swapping pin badges and club stickers :(
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline AlistairD

Badges
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 07:56:33 AM »
I have a Jeanie Deans one from the sixties, and  possibly others

Alistair

----- Original Message -----
   To: collect@paddleducks.co.uk (collect@paddleducks.co.uk)
   Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 9:15 AM
   Subject: RE: Badges

Hi Eddy, I too have a passion for collecting ship pin    badges. I collect particularly paddlers followed by steam ships and shipping    company house flags. Working on WAVERLEY and BALMORAL I am in a good position    to swap with fellow enthusiasts. I will be able to let you have a Waverley    badge shortly (When I find my spare one) and a Balmoral.
On an earlier post    I asked if anyone was interested in swapping model boat club sticker badges    (they look great on model boxes) for Darlington model boat club badges. This    request still holds good and also includes pin badges as a swap for Waverley    and balmoral badges. We could get a good "string" going on this subject!    Regards walter.

-------------------- m2f    --------------------

Exported by Paddleducks Mail System.

http://www.paddleducks.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12339#12339

--------------------    m2f --------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free    Edition.
Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.7/830 - Release Date:    03/06/2007 12:47
Alistair Deayton
Paisley
Scotland

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Badges
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 08:06:53 AM »
I'd certainly be very interested in anything you have if youd like to part with them Alistair?

Offline Sean Bryan

Badges
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 07:03:53 PM »
I have a pin badge with Canberra and Echuca written on it.

I also have a pin badge of the Emmylou, it's a small one and it gold. But that resides on my jacket.

Don't think I have any other paddler ones. Although I know they put different boats on them from year to year.

Oh I have a flashing magnet badge from the port. The small LED's flash...and instead of a dangerous pin it attaches by magnet.

I'm afraid I won't be able to give them up though.
Theatre Producer, World Traveler, Paddle Steamer Enthusiast

www.seanbryan.com

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Badges
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 07:07:03 PM »
If you see any pin badges on your travels, remember my request Sean... As I said, I'm perfectly happy to pay for them as long as they aren't too expensive.

Offline mjt60a

Badges
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 04:52:05 AM »
I've seen them on Ebay from time to time, Britannia and Bristol Queen, I think recently....Waverley more often.
Posted by Mick.
(.....gonna need a bigger boat.....)

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Badges
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 05:51:27 AM »
I've been keeping an eye on Ebay for them for the last few days, but haven't seen anything yet.... Please give me a heads-up if you spot any Mick!

Offline AlistairD

Badges
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 08:44:26 AM »
They spent many years on an old sweetie tin but I  think I moved them elsewhere a year or two ago

Alistair

----- Original Message -----
   To: collect@paddleducks.co.uk (collect@paddleducks.co.uk)
   Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 11:06  PM
   Subject: RE: Badges

I'd certainly be very interested in anything you have    if youd like to part with them Alistair?

Regards
Eddy

-------------------- m2f    --------------------

Exported by Paddleducks Mail System.

http://www.paddleducks.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12344#12344

--------------------    m2f --------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free    Edition.
Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.7/830 - Release Date:    03/06/2007 12:47
Alistair Deayton
Paisley
Scotland

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Re: Badges
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 08:59:02 AM »
Quote from: "AlistairD"
They spent many years on an old sweetie tin but I  think I moved them elsewhere a year or two ago

If you happen to stumble across them I'd still be interested Alistair, so please keep it in mind...