Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: my steam stuff  (Read 2211 times)

Offline anth

my steam stuff
« on: October 29, 2006, 05:31:36 PM »
Hello all
           here are a few pictures of some of my steam collectables that have come from around the regions of the Murry River Australia.
In one picture you will see my working steam pump this is quite big and takes three men to lift or a cpl of hours to drag with your wife...!,a nice little  but heavy boiler in the middle of being inspected and last but not least some spare brass...(the large safty valve is over a foot in height)
In my brass collection I have injector, gauge glass,blow down ect off a portable marshal which happens to be the same size as the one in the paddle steamer pevensey.......some of the other gear will be used on my own smaller paddle steamer...!
thought it might be of some intrest
                                                    Anthony

Offline Sean Bryan

my steam stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 05:24:52 PM »
Nice...so far my steam collection is extremely limited!

However I own a peice of rope from the A.A and an original piece of Argo barge hull which you can hang your keys on. That's my original stuff!

However one day I hope to have more steam stuff as I am interested in making/repairing steam engines and being a steam engineer!

Nice collection Anthony...I must get those plans done so we can discuss engines. I noticed in the download manager an article on a small full sized engine that cost something like (I assume US) $15.00 if making an engine is around that price range (in US dollars) I can afford steam...Thanks for opening up my eyes again to steam for Grebe Anthony!
Sean
Theatre Producer, World Traveler, Paddle Steamer Enthusiast

www.seanbryan.com

paddlesteamerman1

my steam stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 07:19:10 PM »
Unfortunately my steam stuff collection has stopped its progress, and only consists of 1 thing :music  It is an original piece of plank from the PS Oscar W. And it didn't come cheaply either, costing nearly $100AUD, but it was worth it. I am certainly looking to extend the collection.

Cheers  :beer